What Will The Future Hold For Jehovah's Witnesses

by VW.org 28 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Mother knows that some of you have been telling tales out of school and she's mad.

• Half banana
    Half banana

"What will the future hold for JWs?" ............disappointment

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i remember my first wife ( born in ) saying to me in 1981--" you have no future "

• Magnum
    Magnum

The stuff in the reddit link has the ring of truth to me. It coincides with what I already thought - that the org is in panic/defensive/survival mode.

• LV101
    LV101

Where's the billion bucks -- guess they're in a holding pattern and not letting it slip thru their slimy fingers. It's making them good money sitting on hold somewhere. Not much faith in growth considering the business angles they've implemented past yrs. I hope they go into starve mode and have to fold down the tent but I'm not betting on it just yet.

• John Redwood
    John Redwood

Thanks for the positive comments. I know that a few have asked for the source material -and I want everyone to know this is coming. We have to protect our sources, which is one reason I did not release this immediately as a JW Survey article. In fact - this was never meant to be an article. It was just a post that was intended for a different Facebook group. But I ended up just writing it all in a few minutes and posting it on my timeline, to express some feelings I had after reviewing many many hours of inside JW organizational videos. These JW materials quite honestly give me the creeps at times, as they focus so much on numbers, procedures, and obedience to the organization.

Some of the things I said would be things that I personally would have found hard to believe 5 or 10 years ago, when I was still in the organization. But having lived through that beaurocracy, and now seeing it from the outside, it is not surprising at all.

We will be seeing this source material released in the very near future, and I appreciate the patience of everyone who has asked where some of this info originated. There are many sources for the many leaks we receive, and I thank all of them for their willingness to make this religion as transparent as possible.

I will try to answer as many questions as I can. For those asking about the JW database - I will say that the organization has had several databases in use for several years now - such as the builder assist database of construction volunteers and overseers. I personally have exported such data from one overseer account, with over 2,000 personal files containing names, addresses, dates of birth and baptism, phone numbers, congregation and other information - and this was just for one small state.

In other words, I have proof of the data they are keeping on individuals. I find this to be a violation of my personal privacy, and most Witnesses do not know how much data is stored at the organizational HQ level.

Stay tuned, more to come on this subject

• Magnum
    Magnum

John Redwood, thank you very much. The main reason I come to sites like this is to keep up with what's going on with the organization that took my life, and I appreciate the info you have provided.

What is your feeling about the future of the org? Do you think it will linger on for decades? Perhaps crash dramatically in the next few years? Any educated guesses?

Also, do you believe the members of the GB are true believers? What about the other JW higher-ups? Some of them have to be aware of the deception by the org, such as that in the Creation book and the Trinity brochure. Some of them have to be aware of the org's concern for money.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Thanks John Redwood for this information. For me and others I'm guessing, the global data base is the most interesting comment you made. The question I was thinking about when I first read of it was ... Why? Why would the Organization go to the extra expense of creating and maintain a record of every witness, when all the functions that require a current record of a person's status is already being done at a congregational level ... and particularly more so, now that the CO's have the full authority to appoint Elder and Servants without Branch involvement.

For me ... and perhaps I'm going a bit nutty here ... but assigning each witness a number really seems more like an accounting tool. Could we be seeing the moves to introduce personal tithing? I always though it could be on the cards, as a way to solve their financial woes.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

All that's left is for the Org to assign a number that each member must wear on their hand to mark them as "true Christians."

lol

• freddo
    freddo

"All that's left is for the Org to assign a number that each member must wear on their hand to mark them as "true Christians.""

Didn't the Nazis do that to inmates of the concentration camps?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit