Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah

by Sour Grapes 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

We had a guy who got really nervous when asked to open or close the meeting with prayer.

Here is a transcription of one of his typical prayers:

"Dear Jehovah, we thank you Jehovah for this meeting Jehovah and we also Jehovah ask you for forgiveness Jehovah of our sins Jehovah, and Jehovah please be with Jehovah our brothers in other lands Jehovah who are experiencing persecution Jehovah, and Jehovah please strengthen them Jehovah to endure Jehovah, we offer this prayer Jehovah in the name of your son Jehovah Jesus Christ, Jehovah, amen."

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

There were a few brothers in my hall who literally used Jehovah every 6th or 7th word.

I was wondering if these brothers thought god had short term memory loss, and they were afraid that he wouldn't know they were talking to him?

It was farcical.

OMG SIR82!!!! That is EXACTLY the prayers they would give. Were you in my hall?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The other thing in prayers is the "most magnificent. Glorious. Supreme, loving, eminent; every adjective you can think of ; lofty throne. On and on in introduction

If ever I "qualify" I am going to see if I can get it in 20 times

• sir82
    sir82

Oh yeah, we had another guy, who would include in every prayer:

"Jehovah, we love you, we extol you, we praise you..."

Literally, those exact words, in that exact order, every single time.

Said with all the emotion of a bored teenager being force to read Shakespeare against his will.

He never used the word "extol" in any other setting or context. Frankly, I doubt he even knew what it meant, I think he just picked it up somewhere.

• carla
    carla

Is it only when non jw's are around that they feel the need to say 'jehovah God'? I know I am always so relieved when a jw on forums or in person clear it up for me! just knowing they mean 'jehovah God' and not Tom, Dick or Harry God.

If they truly believed in only one God there would be no need to differentiate would there?

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

George Carlin once said. "I have a real problem with anyone who uses the word 'Jesus' 36 times in a two minute conversation!"

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Sour Grapes...who pays the phone bill ?

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Say it loud , say it often, tha's how you virtue signal your way up the pecking order.

RB

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

sir82 6 hours ago

"We had a guy who got really nervous when asked to open or close the meeting with prayer.

Here is a transcription of one of his typical prayers:"

I think I know who you are talking about Sir82

RB

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Watchtards love to say Jehovah. If any Dub said Jesus as much as most say Jehovah, they would be in a Star-Chamber meeting before you could say, “Voluntary Donation!”.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit