Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah

by Sour Grapes 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

My PIMI wife listens to a lot of the meetings on the phone with the speaker on. When I am watching TV I hear the meetings in the background. I just cringe with how a Witless can't give a comment without having said Jehovah at least two times. At one time in one minute, Jehovah was said 10 times.

How can you have a personal relationship with someone you can't see and doesn't talk to you? The Witlesses are always talking about what makes Jehovah happy and sad. They can't see his face or hear his voice to determine if he is happy or said. How arrogant to think that they can affect the Univeral Sovereign.

The name Jehovah is not even mentioned in the Greek scriptures. If anything God would be upset with how the JDubs say his name (which may not even be correct). He is our Father. I would never have called my father by his personal name.

The JDubs think they are so special as they look down their noses at worldly people. They can't see that they are in a cult that the Father has no use for.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since the JWS was started by lying and deceitful charlatans over 100 years ago shouldn't the JWS be saying Satan Satan Satan ?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I notice they do not say Jehovah...it is always Gee-HO'-vuh, and as you say it is repeated multiple times, as if it is some kind of verbal talisman.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    How can you have a personal relationship with someone you can't see and doesn't talk to you?

That is why some neuro experts call religion as a severe neurological Disorder.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Why not buy her some earphones? If she refuses to use them, buy yourself a remote headset.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Perhaps she is thinking that maybe some little spiritual truth drips onto your ears and THE PENNY DROPS and Viola you are back in the truth.

Jdubs are encouraged to do this you know.It is a passive kind of ministry.

Zing

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

It is one of their power words to reinforce their ideas, most of the time they use Jehovah they are actually talking about the org/elders.

• Prester John
    Prester John

Reminds me of a sister who would work Jehovah into every little bit of any conversation she was having.

One evening at her house for a dinner party, after a few hours of Jehovah this and Jehovah that, she was serving dessert and offered us a slice of pavlova. My mate quickly whispered to me,

"Pavlova. That rhymes with Jehovah!"

Still makes me smile nearly 30 years later!

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I still remember when I was an active JW, whenever I prayed using that name there was absolutely nothing there. They would say that you should think of him and love him as your own biological father, But the problem that laid there was that my biological father was an abusive prick. I don't know if he is dead or alive, because the last I saw or heard from that @$$ was over 18 years ago.

• I believe in overlapping

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit