Help Please - Finding It Hard Adjusting To The Real World

by pale.emperor 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How are you doing today PE?

We haven't heard back from you since you stared this thread?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Since writing this post im noticing i have good days, some great days and then randomly really bad days. Last week was one of the bad weeks. Felt depressed and sad for no reason. I didn't see my girlfriend for that week because i didn't feel like doing anything. She was really understanding.

She's taken an interest in what JW's are all about. She had no idea what they believed before she met me. We've watched some YouTube videos together by John Cedar and the video "What Jehovah's Witnesses Actually Believe" and I've shown her some of the more WTF mags and books. She's shocked to say the least. And it's funny how she instantly brings up valid logical reasons why it cant be the truth, despite her having zero bible knowledge. (she even Googled "what is the bible all about?", bless her and the next time i saw her she was talking about Abraham, Isaac and Jacob so well done to her.)

So anyway, i think my mood/esteem will rise and fall as i adjust to the real world. Coming to this site is makes me feel a little more sane each time.

Thanks guys!!

• Onager
    Onager

I don't just think, I know that your mood and esteem will continue to go on a rollercoaster ride as you continue to adjust. There will be gradual but constant improvement but of course there will always be occasional bad patches. The thing is that from now on, you don't have to get through the bad times while carrying a massive load of bullshit on your shoulders at the same time!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I went and saw Snowden this weekend. Not to minimize your feelings because you are right, we go through a tremendous amount deprogramming from a cult. But seeing how a whistleblower is being treated by a mighty nation, ostracized to a foreign country, may help put in perspective your situation and realize there are others enduring worst situations.

Unfortunately it takes time to heal. And it doesn't help that you are continually dealing with family and friends still stuck in the cult. Give yourself permission to grieve and explore what is out there without guilt.

All I can say is it does get better.

Joy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit