Ever notice a lot of JWs don't have pets?

by JimmyYoung 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I can't say I ever noticed this much. It makes sense that the GovBod (piss be upon them), would prefer the dog food money given to them, so that they can look after and protect their beloved, like minded sexual predators.....and a nip of scotch for Tomo the drunk.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Yes Punko, anything which takes JWs time, money or attention away from devotion to their leaders, is condemned as unprofitable.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Shouldn`t your post RubaDub be in the Adult -heated Debate sextion ?

smiddy ...

I guess I was just being factual and honest. When I was a kid, we had a black labrador retriever that seemed to do it a lot when people came over. My mother would make the dog go outside.

I still gets the creeps when I see people kissing their dogs.

Rub a Dub

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

When the Warwick fortress was first inhabited, one of the whiney-winey Brooklyn migrants leaked that a dog was kept on site.

Named Sterling, after the lake.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Pets can detour ones from spending precious time in service

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is one valid reason to not have a pet. If you cannot or will not properly take care of it, you shouldn't have it because that will save the animal quite a bit of suffering. Otherwise, you are better off getting one that you are going to take proper care of, and not sacrifice taking care of that pet so you can work harder to enslave the world.

And that is not limited to dogs or cats. People can and do keep other animals for pets. I have heard of rats and mice as pets, raccoons, hamsters and gerbils, tarantulas, and snakes. The only thing I advise against is jumping into getting a pet and not being able to properly care for it--raccoons can be quite a handful if you don't know what you are getting into.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

As a District Overseer once said at a District Convention in the 80s -

"Remember it is spelled D-O-G and not G-O-D" in reference to how much time and effort we put into a pet.

My dad always joked that a pet made a ready food supply for the Great Tribulation. He is full of tasteless jokes like that.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No, not around here.... cats and dogs are as popular as they are with the general community. Animals that need a high commitment might be avoided in view of the demands that the WTS make on their time....

In my time I have known horse owners, reptile keepers ,aquarists , snake keepers aviarists ...and I have always lived in towns.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

An over abundance of love and nurturing toward animals can divert time of love and attention to Jehovah and perhaps to other brothers and sisters.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    TBN - "Remember it is spelled D-O-G and not G-O-D" in reference to how much time and effort we put into a pet.

We Brits have a lovely name for a geezer like him......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-aVtKEhpO0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit