May 1 2018 my Ayahuasca Experience

by new boy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• John Free
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

That article is totally biased and very misleading.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    I would like to say that Ayahuasca is drug as you say, but to many around the world who have tried it is a sacrament, and medicine.

That's what they said about LSD, peyote, and marijuana in the sixties. Later they said cocaine wasn't dangerous. I'm a recovering alcoholic/addict. I work in a 28 day rehab facility. I think you're doing drugs.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    That's what they said about LSD, peyote, and marijuana in the sixties. Later they said cocaine wasn't dangerous. I'm a recovering alcoholic/addict. I work in a 28 day rehab facility. I think you're doing drugs.

If you paint with a big wide brush and everything is just black and white then yes I'm doing drugs. Yes they said good things about lsd, thc, mescaline in the 60's that was my generation, and they are still saying good things about them only with more scientific data to back it up. The psychologist were using it in the 60s to cure addictions, and mind exploration, and mind expander but were latter banned from doing anymore research by the US government back in 1964 and they outlawed them at that time too, and not for any good reason but mainly because it caused people to question governmental authority. It didn't fit in with government's goals of a massively indoctrinated obedient general population(public mandatory free education/indoctrination with daily pledges of allegiance ) who obey without questioning governmental authority. We Americans were burning our draft cards over the refusing to become part of the US military machine, and not behaving like mindless drones no doubt because a lot of us were taking these substances and this worried the government.

Thankfully the governments around the world are allowing these compounds to be explored once again after a 40 year ban because the benefits can no longer be denied by government bureaucracy.

When psychology professor from Harvard Timothy Leary said for people to "tune in, turn on, and drop out", the US government labeled him as a very dangerous man and latter had him in prison for possession of one half of a marijuana cigarette while crossing the border of mexico and us. No doubt his statement lead to these substances coming under ban. It scared the shit out of government.

• new boy
    new boy

OK

A couple of things here.

1. I will never bring up this subject again. Forgive me for mentioning something that might expands one's conscience.

2. I find it fascinating that people who have in the pass condemned things they know nothing about are still enjoying condemning things they no nothing about.

I thought this was a place that people were looking for real answers. Maybe I was wrong maybe it's a place that people can just complain about the nature of things and condemn things they nothing about.

If you have tried to open your mind up to something new or different and it didn't work out that is one thing. On the other hand if you condemn something you really know nothing about you really just show how narrow minded you are and you are back into into the JW world once again.

Wasanelder your avatar is perfect for you because you look very confused.

• stillin
    stillin

I can testify to the concept of "opening your mind." I concur with Simon to the extent that taking ANY drug can be a start down a slippery slope, especially for those who are predisposed to abuse substances. But I'm glad to see that he is letting this thread go, so far. I think there are exceptions to most rules.

Glad you had a good experience. Medicine is the word.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think Ayahuasca has a very very low level of abuse it is definitely not a party time drug. It's for facing your demons(shadow), and no pleasure cruise.

• new boy
    new boy
    All drugs are bad!
    All religions are bad!
    What other things can we lump together.
    Are we talking about legal drugs like versus illegal drugs? What about the two biggest killers like alcohol and tobacco totally legal and can of course be an addiction.
    So are we talking about drugs that are addictive?
    Of the hundreds of people I have met not one person I have met was addicted to Ayahauasca.
    A year and a half ago was he last time I enjoyed it.
    So really what are we talking about here?
    What we are talking about is people who choose to condemn something they have have NO personal knowledge.
    That doesn't sound healthy.
    A substance used as a medication or in the preparation of medication
    A substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease
    • prescription drugs
    • drugs for treating high blood pressure
    : something and often an illegal substance that causes addiction, habituation or a marked change in consciousness
  • stillin
    stillin

If you are an addict, your drug of choice could be referred to as "medicine." A lot of people have had a lot of bad exposure to friends and loved ones messing up their lives with drugs. Or worse, the crime that goes with psychotic breakdowns. The drug abuse problem is pandemic. I can certainly understand why some will "paint with a broad brush" when anything drug related is discussed.

• John Free
    John Free
    I will never bring up this subject again. Forgive me for mentioning something that might expands one's conscience

No need to take it so personally when people disagree with you. You are allowed to have unusual views.

thought this was a place that people were looking for real answers. Maybe I was wrong maybe it's a place that people can just complain about the nature of things and condemn things they nothing about.

Really? Here of all places? Trying to guilt trip people into investing more of their time exploring unusual/weird views is an obvious trick isn’t it?

Perhaps simply googling ‘Ayahuasca deaths’ is all most people need to do to realise they wish to waste no more time considering Ayahuasca. It’s not ‘narrow minded’ to run for the hills when you see the warning signs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit