I never understood field service...

by Joliette 38 Replies latest jw friends

• kaik
    kaik

I did not like to do field service either. However, i liked to walk with one of the elder on weekends through mountains. In Carpathians there are small villages and scattered farms, so we used to take a bus and go to some random village and walk through woods, meadows, cow and sheep pastures, and between houses we talked about bible history, life, etc. While I never experienced anything threatening on the villages, I heard where witnessed were chased by farmer with pitchfork and walking canes. I never like doing city districts, and some industrial areas could be dangerous. We had elder who was beat up by gang of gypsies.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I didn't mind field service that much. I could take it or leave. But what I did mind quite a bit was, the other publishers and especially the pioneers who would drag their feet out in service. They would walk so slow. When they finally got to the door and it was there turn to knock, they would just stand there and talk to me forever and not knock. Finally they would knock and then not knock again, but just talk and talk. Or maybe not talk, but just stand there. It would drive me nuts. I thought, are in this to help people or are you just doing this to fill time?

I really used to hate that. I thought, what a bunch of fakers. And to tell you the truth, most publishers and pioneers were just like that. That was one of the contributing factors to me waking up. I even suggested to the one of the elders about 2 months ago, said what if instead of pioneers having an hourly committment, what if it was based on the number of RV's and bible studies per month instead. He said, I bet the pioneers would really support the evening and Sunday field service more. I bet they would! Cause right now they just stick to their convienent schedules of what works for them "getting their time" and that's it. It's really hypocritical to me.

But that's just my 2 cents.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Humans can communicate with any and everybody in the world today ,almost, with modern technology .

Apparently the Almighty Jehovah God hasn`t caught up with modern technology that he can`t accomplish that himself.,

He sends out imperfect humans , using outdated , outmoded , medieval means ( walking ) to deliver an urgent life saving message that is 2000 years old that only reaches

about 30% - 50% of the Earths population ,with a result over these past 140 or so years of having approx. 8 million members out of approx.8 Billion people .

I wouldn`t want Jehovah God as a C.E.O. of any Company I owned .

smiddy

• Divergent
    Divergent

Here's a thread that I started on field service a couple of days back -

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4833799246446592/hey-this-me-im-guy-on-left

Anyway, I remember my last day out in service very well. Halfway through, my partner had to leave me to attend to something. I went to the next house & realized that I couldn't bring myself to knock on the door without someone with me! I just stood there in front of the house like a dumbass - my inner feelings got the better of me & I couldn't knock on the door at all! That was the moment when I realized that I was DONE - I just couldn't do it anymore!

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

One day on field service a guy shot me behind the ear with a BB gun. LOL

One day on field service I met an old Nazi who had been indoctrinated by the Hitler youth in his teens. It was a strange encounter and he was still a Nazi bastard.

One day on field service I encountered a single mother and young toddler at her apartment. I recognized her immediately. A couple of years before we had had a wild fling (this was before I became a JW). And there I was, clean cut, trying to sell her on morality. hehe

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's to keep the rank & file busy, focused on a load of old crap in order to prevent them from thinking about what rubish the WBT$ corporation really is. It engages them into th egroupthink of the filthy, disgusting cult.

From my Millions book....................................

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    its always the first thing to be dumped when we fade then the book study, pointless , wasteful and utterly demoralising, the stats still show it takes almost 7000 hrs for a member of the R&F to call on somebody and recruit them, the idiots at HQ know this as well, their obsession that it "keeps the R&F busy" has turned to haunt them as well, because they made an equally wasteful pointless waste of time by introducing the cart work, do you think they would ever learn? I auxiliary pioneered a couple of times and was generally a double figures a month publisher but after a while as soon as I got into the car I was looking for a spot of lunch then it was dumped completely.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Joliette " I never understood field service...."

The Rebel:- I never understood my magazine placements:-

I've got a brilliant watchtower for you this week. Brilliant. The best ever. Please pay particular attention to page 15 where we present even more reasons why Jehover will destroy you and your family if you don't convert.....see you in two weeks time, oh I forgot to mention the magazine is free of charge but not free of cost"

The Rebel.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I was a regular pioneer at times and I understood the field service was preaching the good news of God's kingdom.

At times I worked alone and sometimes in extreme heat or cold. There were times that I enjoyed, occasionally having a conversation with someone about the bible or working with the brothers and sisters in the field. Although many of the hours were boring with a lot of people not home or not interested.

I was never slow in ministry once I was counseled that I was working the blocks too fast and to slow down , I knew of some who moved very slowly

I was chased by a big dog once,I was faster fortunately.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i remember my last ever field service day--i sent my briefcase with magazines etc in it skimming into a river---clean break--job done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit