I'm writing a letter to my country's branch

by Ray Frankz 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

Has anyone ever been to that side of the world? I think the only thing that could convince any JW is to see a document that stated the fall of Babylon. Not American records it has to come from that side of the world. The org. cannot deny a country's own history.

So if any of you know how to contact that side or go over there maybe proof can be found. If a foreigner wanted to know about America he or she would go to the source, who would know better then our own records. Not to say because of computers you can let your fingers do the walking. But because the org. always disputes that bring them or show on Jw sites like these the real truth not through American eyes. Lurkers will tell other lurkers and so on.

If I knew where to go over there to find it I would.

Tor

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    The one brother, John Joseph May, had questions (for one thing) about 1914... and another bout why Freddy Franz was DF'd. He "rang" Brother Barr (who had been a friend of the family for many years) and then wrote him with about 12 questions, never got an answer, got an "acknowledgement" but no answers.
    They used a lot of money to travel to NY to speak with the GB.... they would not meet with them. You can hear this dear person tell the story himself

If my research is correct, there were several congregations in the Dublin area; and many witnesses left due to the way John may and Martin merriman were treated both in the United States by the GB AND when back in Ireland by the CO and elders. It created quite a stir at the time.

• deegee
    deegee
    If I knew where to go over there to find it I would.--------tor1500

I would imagine that museums and universities in Israel & Iraq where Babylon was previously sited, can provide answers about Jerusalem's fall to the Babylonians.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Any letter of this kind a branch receives is copied to,your elders with as has been said already, request that ' they make anshepherding call on you'. After that it only a matter of days before your put up against a wall and shot. Don't bother. Local elders may tolerate you, big brother instructs them not to.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I'm writing a letter to my country's branch

Your Letter Will Get Immediate Attention...

Image result for letter in paper shredder

• Londo111
    Londo111

I had to look this up. The simplified publication is called "What Can the Bible Teach Us?"

Here is the section in the back of the book.

In retrospect, it so full of holes I can't believe I ever bought any of this.

###

22 WHY IS THE YEAR 1914 SO IMPORTANT?

The prophecy in Daniel chapter 4 teaches us that God would set up his Kingdom in 1914.

The prophecy: Jehovah gave King Nebuchadnezzar a prophetic dream about a large tree that was chopped down. In the dream, a band of iron and copper was put around the tree’s stump to stop it from growing for a period of “seven times.” After that, the tree would grow again.​—Daniel 4:1, 10-16.

What the prophecy means for us: The tree represents God’s rulership. For many years, Jehovah used kings in Jerusalem to rule over the nation of Israel. (1 Chronicles 29:23) But those kings became unfaithful, and their rulership ended. Jerusalem was destroyed in the year 607 B.C.E. That was the start of the “seven times.” (2 Kings 25:1, 8-10; Ezekiel 21:25-27) When Jesus said, “Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled,” he was talking about the “seven times.” (Luke 21:24) So the “seven times” did not end when Jesus was on earth. Jehovah promised to appoint a King at the end of the “seven times.” The rulership of this new King, Jesus, would bring great blessings for God’s people all over the earth, forever.​—Luke 1:30-33.

The length of the “seven times”: The “seven times” lasted for 2,520 years. If we count 2,520 years from the year 607 B.C.E., we end up at the year 1914. That was when Jehovah made Jesus, the Messiah, King of God’s Kingdom in heaven.

How do we get the number 2,520? The Bible says that three and a half times equal 1,260 days. (Revelation 12:6, 14) So “seven times” is double that number, or 2,520 days. The 2,520 days are equal to 2,520 years because of the prophetic rule “a day for a year.”​—Numbers 14:34; Ezekiel 4:6.

Chap. 8, par. 23

• Giordano
    Giordano

It was Raymond Franz that was DF not Freddy Franz.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

I tried writing a letter, sincerely thinking the branch was there to help. They encouraged me to wait on Jehovah and kindly informed me that they had sent a copy of my letter and their loving (not) response to my body of elders. The backlash from the local elders was nearly enough to wake me up.

If your parents still believe that wt has a monopoly on truth, you might want to ask them to send the letter in their names, and let them face the unloving reality of the cult. They might see things your way and leave with you.

• deegee
    deegee
    If your parents still believe that wt has a monopoly on truth, you might want to ask them to send the letter in their names, and let them face the unloving reality of the cult. They might see things your way and leave with you.-------Dreamerdude

Excellent idea!!!!!

• tor1500
    tor1500

@deegee,

That's what I thought. Umm, well, since they are writing a letter why not email or contact the museums to see if they have any documentation.

If you want to prove to them it didn't fall in 607. To me that might raise a brow, if a Jw with no education can find this out, uh oh. I have a old set of encyclopedias and they say 587 or something like that. Wonder how many Jw's that live where they could find out this information, even care to look it up.

To all,

Great advice. But I say have solid proof that they can't wiggle out of, then just sit back. Since we are not educated we don't have money like that just to jump on a plane and find out for ourselves.

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit