Rumor of Religion wanting to contact Inactives

by LongHairGal 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I imagine if one does return to Jehovah, it might involve getting DF'd first.

We know a couple who did return so they could get their family members to speak to them again. She was DF'd when she cheated on her elder husband and married a former JW guy that she dated when she was a teen. He hadn't been to a meeting in 25 years.

Her former elder husband died suddenly in his early 50's and she was scripturally free. Her kids wouldn't speak to her until she was reinstated so she and her former JW husband tried to make a come back but he had to be disfellowshipped and reinstated first because when he wasn't a JW, he had been married and got divorced and wasn't scripturally free.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

I wasn’t referring to the elderly who are broke....I’m referring to the affluent ones who retired years ago in a healthy economy and have money to spare.

These are the ones who came into the ‘truth’ after they were in the workforce and were earning their pensions back when I came in - OR women with a worldly husband who let them do their thing in the JWs. Yeah, some man worked 40 years.. Some of these people preached poverty to ME..Thankfully, I did not listen.

They contributed to needless hall renovations a few decades ago. (I saw perfectly fine halls done over because somebody didn’t like the color complex.) They threw money around like confetti to pioneers (who I wouldn’t so much as give a dime to - not after how I GOT criticized for working).

Once these people are gone it’s like the golden goose is gone.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Has anyone here been contacted yet?

I haven’t, and I’ve lived in the same place for the last nine years and had the same phone number for over 20. (For context, I quit going to meetings and faded just over six years ago. So yeah, there’s that!)

• LV101
    LV101

LHG - ahh you make me laugh because I was consistently being pulled to the side (in the back room) to write checks. I was so brainwashed I didn't think twice and considered it the Israeli god's (somebody's god) request. I wouldn't give any of them a thin dime now - not true if I actually knew they were trying to work and be productive or needed food, etc., as in aiding a neighbor - the good Samaritan is just being a decent human being. It would be tough now to help a JW but I realize some can't help their mental state.

As my husband says - cult members won't be burning any telephone wires down connected to my house -- (a) they don't like what I have to say, and, (b) I'm more than happy to duke it out legally; husband has told me this since I left re/being harassed - won't happen; (c) I want my money back. Oh, and (d) I'm on private property that they're not allowed on. I do want my money back and any dipping in water trauma recovery fees plus legal fees - they lied to me but stupid is as stupid does, right!

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

There probably looking for those who still attend even occasionally but have not handed in a field service report for 6 months or more, like myself but they don't have my current address or mobile number.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

old bums on new seats--$$$$$ kerching in the box.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

An elder even mentioned helping in-actives at mtg today, sort of in context of recent events, Hypes people up like, OMG if they are doing that we must really be near the end!

No, if wt does something in their interest, it does not mean we are near the big A.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "Once these people are gone it’s like the golden goose is gone."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oehGtcW6BU

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit