Rumor of Religion wanting to contact Inactives

by LongHairGal 37 Replies latest jw friends

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Someone posted a recent directive from hq here a few days ago that mentioned this.

It said something along the lines of elders reaching out to inactive people because they may be 'moved' by current events.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOEY JOJO:

Wow, I wonder if I saw that!

I’m ‘moved’ by current events, but certainly not moved to go back to the JW religion!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

LHG

I'm with you. There isn't anything that would ever "move" me to ever go back to that mess! LOL

LRG

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The missus and I have been out for 27 years although we still have a niece sadly to say i had a big part bringing in and she is still "dedicated" so far we haven`t heard anything.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

So far we have not been approached. I always view any JW pushing their beliefs or agenda on us as fair game for some forthright replies.

I think this is well known by my JW family, and other local JW's so doubt we will hear anything, if we do it will be a written communication I would think, again fair game for some real truth to be given to them, not least mentioning the woefully, downright dangerous, "advice" they are getting from their leaders.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

How many of you wanna bet that this is a some kind of half-assed attempt to suss out potential "apostates"?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Inactive--Disfellowshipped

2020-03-16 Letter-- See page 2 at bottom, (Reaching out to Inactive--Disfellowshipped ones)

https://filebin.net/1ai9uwu0buei6ga4/2020-03-16-BOE.pdf?t=j0k30lp1

Petra!
  • JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Do these asshats really believe that this is the beginning of the end of the world or are they just trying to whip people up to give and come back to the cult? I am not sure. It will end badly for the cult when this is over and things get back to a normal. Such douches nozzles they are.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

I was contacted (I've been inactive 4 years now) yesterday by an elder via text to inform me of the new arrangement for meetings via phone.

I just replied, "Thank you".

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I think they believe that it is all for real now. Armagedon mode.

This is the result of living in a bubble, and projecting all events on your own.

Even the smart guys in my family in law are sharing UN and horse men messages.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit