Rumor of Religion wanting to contact Inactives

by LongHairGal 37 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I saw a post on Reddit from somebody claiming to be an elder that the JW religion wants to contact ALL inactives.

Some of the responses indicate that some were contacted or had close friends or relatives being asked for their contact information. Some of these people have been out of the JW religion for many years and have moved on. The ones contacted said the JW informed them about cancelled meetings (as though they would care). There was also the usual talk about ‘come back’ and the ‘End being near’.

The cynic in me suspects this would really be about winning back lost members to a religion that has lost many and doesn’t have much hope of bringing in new disciples..And, naturally, I also think it’s about money.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

My response: " I would rather die than return to Watchtower." I sincerely mean that too! If God is going to destroy me for not going to the meetings, assemblies, memorial or read WT rags, then so be it. I'll take it!!!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I'm just waiting to see if I receive a visit from the long-lost "shepherds."

Thankfully, when I faded they gave up on me very quickly.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Given the min has been cancelled they are all inactive in my area. But the restart of activity might be just around the corner.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Last time an elder called on me for a "Shepherding Call" was five years ago.

I said, "Thanks, but I don't need a shepherding call. I'm fine. But, now that I'm reinstated, I could use your help in reconciling with some family members that became estranged while I was disfellowshiped!"

He said he'd have to get back to me.

As I said, that was five years ago. I'm still waiting.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• carla
    carla

Could it be more about getting their "time" in due to the fact fs has been canceled?

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’ve been “inactive” for about 37 years. I’d be shocked if they contacted me. But if they do, I’ll have some choice things to say to them. 😋

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CARLA:

According to the post I read it is supposedly a directive from WHQ. That poster also said something about mentioning to people about signing up for the link.

While I’m sure some JWs would just use this to increase their hours, I’m thinking of the motivation behind the campaign.

I have been out almost twenty years so this should be interesting to see!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

If this is true, I doubt we'll be contacted.

I'm a former Bethelite and my wife and I are 3 generation JW's. We were regular attenders and publishers in good standing at our Hall for 25+ years and we raised our (easy to raise) boys there. Our last meeting was Memorial 2008. Even though we lived in the same house and had the same phone numbers and email addresses it took them 3 years to come looking for us after we walked away.

The Circuit Overseer and an Elder friend of mine showed up one rainy Saturday morning. I invited them in and after a bit of friendly chit-chat the C.O. said, " I understand you folks haven't been attending meetings lately".

I said " Lately?? I haven't been inside a K.H. in over 3 years. The last time was Memorial 2008 and this is the first time anyone has tried to contact us".

He shot a look at the Elder as if to say "How could you have let this happen and why wasn't I told about it?"

Nevertheless, that was 9 years ago and no one has ever followed up on us. Not so much as a phone call or note on the door.

At this point, I figure that if there is a God and he has something good in store for mankind, there's no reason we shouldn't be a part of it. If he was the kind of God who would condemn me to everlasting death, the same as the likes of evil people such as Hitler and Ted Bundt etc , then maybe I don't really want to be here.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

They take adventage of the fear.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit