Rumor of Religion wanting to contact Inactives

by LongHairGal 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The Organization is so loving.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

This is real .I have been bombarded with messages n calls to be encouraged , get ready, think once again etc. also help needed to link up to the streaming! People coming out of the woods now who would not spare a couple of minutes to talk to me when I was at the meetings!

Thank you but no thank you.I am no part of this world now!

Puke! Puke! Puke!

Zing

• jp1692
    jp1692

Such a loving organization:

Disfellowshipped: Elders should use good judgment in determining whether and how to make brief contact with disfellowshipped ones to inform them about adjusted meeting arrangements held at the Kingdom Hall. (sfl chap. 25 par. 20) If meetings are not being held at the Kingdom Hall, then the elders should use good judgment in considering whether to grant a disfellowshipped person access to recordings of meetings on JW Stream.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Aside from the fact that I exited an abusive religion with wrong or stupid teachings, judgmentalism, lack of love...

I would have No tolerance at this point in my life for drama, gossip or whatever - the things people are prone to, unfortunately.

I’m basically a private person who leads a quiet life with few friends...I am WAY past the point that I would even want to belong to anything or be obligated in any way..The Witness religion’s all-consuming nature with no boundaries is its worst enemy.

That’s all in the past for me.

• carla
    carla

"....whether to grant a disfellowshipped person access to recordings of meetings...." - why on earth wouldn't they allow access? don't they want the df'd person to come back at some point? aren't df'd persons normally supposed to sit in the back and not talk to anybody? so sitting in their house watching something is going to harm who? (besides the poor df'd who doesn't know that freedom lurks just beyond the grasp of the cult)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ carla...

Just confirms what I've long suspected... that deep down, at a fundamental level, the WT leadership don't really want XJWs to come back.

The act of "reaching out" to inactives or DFs is - rof all intents and purposes - lip service...

...ten bucks says the efforts are more to determine if inactives or DFs have been exposed to "apostate" information and/or come to suspect that the WTS isn't actually "God's Exclusive Earthly Organization".

I guarantee you they don't want anyone like that anywhere near loyal rank-and-filers.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

I agree with you that the JW religion certainly would not want any enlightened ex-JWs around the ‘loyal’ and unsuspecting rank & file.

I believe their reason for reaching out is twofold:..to do what you said but ALSO to reactivate anybody they possibly can not just because they are desperate for money - but fearful of what they will lose in the future.

The demographic of faithful elderly are passing away and these are the ones who contribute the most. The coronavirus may sadly finish off some of these elderly. If the religion can reactivate some other saps here and there the campaign will have worked for the religion, IMO.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    Maybe they hope some will return who wants family renufication. The internet is much against them now
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

An elder who I haven’t seen or heard from in several years texted me yesterday. I guess they have plenty of free time on their hands now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "The demographic of faithful elderly are passing away and these are the ones who contribute the most."

Not that they've had much to contribute in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit