Did you ever experience true kindness in the Org?

by HereIgo 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• schnell
    schnell

A lot of care was taken as my father was on his deathbed, so yes. I've had genuine friends as well, as much as they seem to despise me now. Good times, bad times.

The nicest ones never seemed to be the "strongest" though. They'd come in late, they were rarely in service, and they would be the first to help you in a jam. Funny.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

No matter how strong or nice....once you leave they will abandon you. GUARANTEED! True friends don't abandon you....not matter how bad things are, they will be there for you. That's how true friends roll.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I can honestly say, hand on heart, there were only 3 elders that were genuinely loving and even now i have deep respect for.

As for the rest of the rank and file, there are less than 10 that i would say were genuine christian qualities. The rest were unapproachable and wouldn't speak to me unless they had to.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Individual JWs showed me great kindness. Meals when I was pioneering. A lady did the flowers for my wedding as a gift. The individual men and women in my congregation brought all the food for our wedding reception because we had no money. I did the same for others. Did the Org.show me kindness? No! I was pioneer fodder. Plenty more where I came from when I collapsed with exhaustion.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Until I came to this forum I only knew one JW and that was the "Elder" and he was the nicest, kindest, sweetest man I had ever met till he gave me that dreadful booklet on Families. And I started to ask questions about how children were raised and what exactly IS the roll of women in this religion. I was being gentle with the questions had not even gotten into the heavy questions when I got the good bye!! And that was the end of 5 years LOL.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

On occasion.

There were one or two people who were nice to me and supportive, but they all ended up disfellowshipped, faded or disassociated.

No, I never experienced true kindness from a JW, or I should clarify, never from a real in JW. There were one or two people who were nice to me and supportive, but they all ended up disfellowshipped, faded or disassociated.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I would like to think that I experienced true kindness. But looking back on it now, it was probably conditional kindness as opposed to true kindness.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hereigo Loved your story, it was so touching. And yes. I have. Usually from the most despised of members.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Yes, there were lots of witnesses in the area where I lived that were good people. When I was young and had no money I had a JW loan me one of his cars for about a month when mine wasn't working so I could get to work. I always had lots of help whenever I moved or needed help with something. I always had friends to do things with. Go to the beach. Ski trips to Mammoth etc.

My problem was never with the people (well most of them) I just didn't believe it was the truth anymore and didn't want to be a Jdub anymore. The hardest thing for me was knowing that most if not all of the witness I knew would have nothing to do with me once I left but it had to be done. I'm sure I would have left a lot sooner if I had the some of the experience I see people post here with elders and witnesses at the halls they attended.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Everybody, please disregard the one I "made" on this page. Gotta be a glitch, 'cause I only just logged on now, today.

Can it be deleted?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit