Did you ever experience true kindness in the Org?

by HereIgo 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I remember when I was about 17, I started shunning an older brother because he was disfellowshipped. When I graduated high school, he pulled me aside and said " I know you are not supposed to talk to me, but I want you to have this" It was a gift that he had custom made for me. I was so blown away, we never even had a real conversation before. I felt like such an asshole, even back then. It goes to show how corrupt the Org is and how far just simple christian kindness will go.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Of course. When I was a kid two of my best friends in the world were JWs. We did everything together and they stood by me through some hard times. Although they dropped me like a wet, smelly blanket as soon as I turned apostate, I can't bring myself to believe that our friendship meant nothing to them. I'm sure they still think about me, just as I think of them, but the mental programming and fear of shunning is just a lot stronger than even the bonds of friendship. Amongst all the uppity prudes and elitist snobs in the Watchtower, there are also some genuinely kind people, it's just that the WT has a way of smothering warm feelings.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes we did but unfortunately it was all conditional love. Once you leave the borg, they are done with you. That is not love or friendship. We have made "worldly" friends who seem to like us for who we are and not what we are.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Yes, definitely. The thing people have to understand about the majority of JW's are that they themselves have been hoodwinked into serving a demonic org.

The majority of the time these are good people with good intentions. I have seen how people become JW's and they are humble and sincere when they learn the WT dogma and then as the years progress and the evil teachings start to embed themselves into their subconscious they start changing into selfish, egotistical, greedy, mean, and many times very despicable people. The ones that refuse to become like this are usually the ones that have a strong will to continue doing whats right even if everyone around them are turning to mindless bots.

I can relate countless examples of humble, shy, and selfless people who have become JW's and they have become the complete opposite. It's quite a transformation to see especially when you've been away for a while. Truly an eye-opening experience to see it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I remember when I was about 17, I started shunning an older brother because he was disfellowshipped. When I graduated high school, he pulled me aside and said " I know you are not supposed to talk to me, but I want you to have this" It was a gift that he had custom made for me. I was so blown away, we never even had a real conversation before. I felt like such an asshole, even back then. It goes to show how corrupt the Org is and how far just simple christian kindness will go.

No, I never experienced true kindness from a JW, or I should clarify, never from a real in JW. There were one or two people who were nice to me and supportive, but they all ended up disfellowshipped, faded or disassociated. Never once, not one active JW in good standing was nice to me, including my own family.

In another post about a defining moment, I talked about this one day when I met this happy Dominican woman. Observing her made me feel inspired and that's when i made the decision of going to college. What I actually realized is that what had a strong impression in me about that person was that it was the first time in my life when i saw a person genuinely, legitimately happy, truly joyful. As a born in, all I grew up seeing were people wearing glazed happy faces, bragging about how better they are for being in their stupid "truth", feeding their ego and feeling superior by it, or people using their Jehovah as a magic cure to all their issues.

I don't remember seeing a JW truly happy, hence, their so-called kindness always had a hidden agenda attached and a there was a catch to it.

• HappyGal
    HappyGal

Yes we did but unfortunately it was all conditional love. Once you leave the borg, they are done with you.

That was my experience too.

• Bruisedandbleeding12
  • prologos
    prologos

Yes, but it was not "in"the org, or because of the org, but because that what these people were regardless, almost despite of the wt's attempts to harness all energy to "the cause".

• Arthur Others
    Arthur Others

This is a good topic. I want to say that I feel there are two brothers, who are both Elders, that I believe have genuine kindness and friendship for me. But I also fear that once I completely fade out, their kindness will be done. Meaning, conditional. Who knows? We'll see.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Occasionally.

Even from an Elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit