2020 Memorial - No Need To Actually Have The Emblems

by pale.emperor 34 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The emblems, whether you have them or not will be invisibly present.

Anna ...

Yes, I don't want any invisible wine. If I do the Memorial at home, a nice carafe of merlot will be needed. I will be substituting Triscuits for the bread.

Rub a Dub

• Half banana
    Half banana

Recommending home memorial tasting could be a boost for the anointed numbers. What's the point of having food and wine in your own home and not eating and drinking it?

It would get more people happily into the anointed habit. The more partakers, the less authority the GB have because it doesn't fit with their prevailing teachings.

Partakers feel empowered....

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

That's what I've always said. Jesus never told us, 20th century people, to keep doing that. He only told the 11 that were with him to do that in remembrance of him. We can't remember someone we have never met. We only read stories of him. So to remember him, we just reread the stories. And anyone can have bread and wine anytime of the night at home.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

So it's ok to break god's law which clearly states.."Keep doing this in remembrance".. if the circumstances are critical!

But if you're gonna die without a blood transfusion it's NOT okay to break god's law about abstaining from blood!

I guess it depends on the definition of critical circumstances.

just saying!

• Half banana
    Half banana

Just a reminder, it was Mithra who was attributed with the words, Whoever does not eat of my body and drink my blood the same will not be with me in paradise. This was centuries before Jesus was ever thought of. The memorial was borrowed lock, stock and barrel from pagans.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We were discussing this at home this morning.... we reckoned that if you viewed yourself as anointed you would have to sit at home in front of the laptop , having bought a packet of plain matzohs and a bottle of red wine , and partake at the appropriate time..

The rest of them don’t need it .....I think....

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I never understand that a symbol can mean so much to people. I see it a kind of pagan superstition.

G.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is no need to have it at all. Never mind wasting 45 minutes of time listening to a boring talk, wasting the electricity and data streaming it, and especially if you still have to attend the Coronavirus Hall to hear that boring talk. Emblems or none, it is still a complete waste. (Plus, if you have to go to the Coronavirus Hall, you risk getting coronavirus for nothing.)

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    Half banana, i think claims of rebirth in mithraism dates to no earlier than second century AD and your Zarathustra quote is older ☺️
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I'd say that beer and pretzels are an acceptable substitute for wine and bread and I bet the jews would have preferred it too!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit