2020 Memorial - No Need To Actually Have The Emblems

by pale.emperor 34 Replies latest jw friends

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Over at JW Talk they're saying because they're having to hold the upcoming memorial at home, they dont need to actually have the emblems. Apparently, listening to or watching the talk is the thing that counts.

"Do this in rememberence of me" apparently means watching Tony Morris on your phone give a talk.

This begs the question... "what's the point?"

• tiki
    tiki

There is no point...it is completely pointless...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If we can do it at home I will partake.

I'll do the wine part but I wonder if I can substitute tortilla chips instead of the bread?

Rub a Dub

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Lol, shows how dumb and pointless it is, doesn't it. I wonder how they'll work the present doomsday circumstances into the outline. Please let the speaker go off script and show his ignorance.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

There is no need to have Jesus there either.

• waton
    waton
    dont need to actually have the emblems

pe: is this actually published official wt policy?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Even in my days as a good little dub, I never really understood the whole Memorial thing once the "partakers" we had died off (we had about six when I was a kid).

In the Bible, everyone who Jesus invited partook. He didn't invite people to watch. And he certainly did not invite "people off the street" to come in and watch.

What they now call the "special talk" before/after the actual Memorial could be the Memorial talk for the majority at the normal Sunday or Saturday meeting.

If there are partakers, an elder (substituting for the role of Jesus) goes to the home of the person on the actual night, reads the verses, prays, and the person(s) partakes.

To me, that would be more biblical and far more respectful for the event than what has now become more of a red carpet event when everyone is watching who is wearing what new dress.

Rub a Dub

• waton
    waton
    In the Bible, everyone who Jesus invited partook.

RaD: yes, and all, at that time not anointed, still of the "Earthly Class" , partook, but he, the only anointed did not sip with them. ,

Consider the possibility all present partakers could potentially be disqualified for what wt has done, and all Other Sheep, being like the apostles at the Last Supper, still OS, should partake.

That is actually the teaching: First you partake to get the right to everlasting life on Earth, like the second Adam, -- then later, 2) when you get the calling to heaven, you give up that right (acquired when partaking) in favour of the upward call. after all Jesus sacrificed His right to everlasting perfect life on Earth;

not endorsing the talking snake, just setting the record straight.

PS: in other words: all should partake. simple,

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

pe: is this actually published official wt policy?

*** w85 2/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***
    Questions From Readers
    ▪ If a Christian cannot be at the celebration of the Lord’s Evening Meal, what should he do?

But sometimes unusual obstacles arise. On occasion, raging storms or floods have prevented a congregation, or some of its members, from meeting together as planned. In rare cases, martial law has been in effect with armed soldiers barring citizens from being out-of-doors after sunset. Other Christians have not been able to be at the congregation’s celebration because of being hospitalized or seriously ill. What can be done in such instances?

While it is fitting for the whole congregation to unite for this important event, circumstances such as noted above may make that impossible. When extreme weather, a natural disaster, or the like, absolutely prevents a family or a portion of a congregation from meeting with the congregation, the isolated ones can meet and discuss Scriptural accounts such as found in Luke 22:7-23, 28-30 and 1 Corinthians 11:20-31, as well as discussing the meaning of the occasion.

Similarly, if an enforced curfew makes it impossible for a congregation to gather on the appropriate night, meeting in Congregation Book Study groups or neighborhood groups might be the best alternative, the sum of those in attendance serving as the congregation’s attendance report. A brief talk may even be given if a capable, dedicated brother is in the group. There need not be concern that no suitable emblems are available as long as no one in this emergency situation previously partook of the bread and the wine as an anointed Christian.

• waton
    waton
    There need not be concern that no suitable emblems are available as long as no one in this emergency situation previously partook of the bread and the wine as an anointed Christian.

pe: are these "old light" past instructions still un-amended? I am recalling Br, King in Chinese orison and others endeavouring to simulate the fermentation in isolation to have valid emblems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit