November Is The Cruelest Month

by JRK 45 Replies latest jw friends

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

JRK

You are right and wrong :)

Being IN for such a long time makes it hard to not look back at the waste and see how little good time is left.

On the other hand - being out for me is so much better because I have freed my young kids of the Cult.
    They don't have to waste their lives chasing a fairytale.

And there are the unforeseen circumstances that add to the crapfest.

I am still sorting things out as you can tell.

• JRK
    JRK

Lois,

Thank you for your kind words. I bet that you are a great mother.

Thank you for the reminders to take care of myself. I am actually doing pretty good at taking care of myself, even though I have had some health scares since she passed. I am checking my vitals regularly, and have brought my blood sugar down to normal with my diet. I couldn't do it with what she liked to eat. No sweets are around the house now.

I will let you give me that big hug and tuck me in tonight. Your post really touched my heart.

JK

• JRK
    JRK

Flip,

That is a great performance By David Gilmour. I loved the acoustic solo at near the end. Thank you for sharing it for me and my mom.

JK

• JRK
    JRK

eye,

Your mother sounds a lot like mine. She was well loved by almost everyone that ever met her. In keeping with her wishes, I have given some furniture to a JW friend she wanted to have it. I will probably give her more of mothers mobility items since they are no longer needed. I guess I am carrying on the tradition, she raised me right!

Mom was an uber dub, as are my sisters, I am the only defector, But mom and I were the closest because of our similar personalities. Mom would say at times that my sisters were "Watchtower Witnesses" instead of Jehovah's Witnesses because they shunned me.

I guess they both had pearls of wisdom. I know I would have liked your mom too.

JK

• JRK
    JRK

ttdtt,

I have been out for 16 years and I am still sorting things out. It will get better with time, just like grieving.

JK

• JRK
    JRK

Now I am going to share a little secret Mom and I had. Only my closest friends know this.

She read "Crisis of Conscience."

In some of our discussions, I mentioned things that I had learned by reading it. One day she asked me if I had the book. I then said "Why do you want to know?" She said because she wanted to read it.

I lent it to her and she read it cover to cover. After reading it and thinking for a while, she said that she did believe that there was corruption in Brooklyn, but she believed that Jehovah was still using them. She was probably the oldest active JW to read the book and stay in.

I don't think that she will get in trouble now that she's dead. What are they going to do to her now?

JK

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow, that is amazing she read CoC! That is very open minded of her.

It is weird isn't it to feel that you are truly now an orphan; doesn't matter how old we are. It took a long time for me to get over that. Probably because I looked after my own mom for sooo many years.

You were lucky to have such a good mom. They can instill so much in us with their mothering, in spite of the religious differences. Grieve and celebrate her as you wish. Remember you got to have her for almost your whole life, which is a gift. You were such a good son, and she knew it.

• JRK
    JRK

Dagney,

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, we both took care of our mothers and it is weird now that they are gone. Orphaned at 61! I was very lucky to have her in my life. I am celebrating her life and crying at the same time.

I also do not have any immediate family since my sisters will shun me for the rest of my life. That's cool, because they suck.

JK

• JRK
    JRK

Before she was a JW, my mother was a stage actress and had a few Hollywood screen tests. I will share a picture from her old career.

JK

• compound complex
    compound complex

My first thought, Dorothy McGuire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit