Is Trump the President of Jerusalem too?

by tor1500 32 Replies latest jw friends

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

It's a chess play....Sunnies and Shiites are at each other throats, like never in the past fighting proxy wars...so this was the moment.

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

Capitol. @never a jw you should really think about talking to someone about your self harm over spelling errors:).

Actually it's much more complex. Jerusalem is one of the oldest cities in the world and has changed hands many times over 5000 years. Jewish settlers came in and pushed out Muslim Arabs in the 1920's I believe. Somewhat similar to the founding fathers of USA pushed out Native Americans to only portions of land. In Simons example the Native Americans could try to lay claim DC as their capital (sort of see below) and that would never happen.

Both Muslims, Jews & Christians have religious ties to Jerusalem. There isn't a simple solution. Some don't like the Native American comparison but it's really the closest one can come. Basically it's a minority/majority switch back in forth of population/rule over 5000 years until about 1920's then Jews became more dominate and laid claim.

I wish it were simple but it's not. I hope they can find peace there either by a two-state or a one state solution where Palestinians can move freely as they wish along with their jewish neighbors peacefully.

Peace is always good. I don't condone the violence but I acknowledge that frustration boils much like some of the exjw's burst into KH's, picket assemblies or yell at cart witnesses. I know I know those are not violent but they are both born out of frustration of not being listened to and that is what I'm talking about.

As for Trump recognizing Jerusalem thats really not a new stand as I mentioned congress passed that in 1995. It just hit 6 month waivers in order to help facility peace between Palestinians and Israel which I think everyone feels would be great everyone has tried including Trump admin, but history shows why it's not so easy:(

• atomant
    atomant

Trump is stirring the pot.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from The Grammarist Source:

As a noun, capital refers to (1) a city that serves as a center of government, (2) wealth in the form of money or property, and (3) a capital letter. As an adjective, it means (1) principal, (2) involving financial assets, and (3) deserving of the death penalty. There are other definitions of capital, but these are the most commonly used ones.

Capitol has two very specific definitions (outside ancient Rome): (1) a U.S. state legislature building, and (2) the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C. State capitols are located in the capital cities of U.S. states, and the Capitol is located in the capital city of the U.S. If you’re not talking about any of these capitol buildings, then the word you want is probably capital.

The Capitol building located in Washington, D.C. is spelled with a capital C, but state capitol buildings ordinarily don’t have the capital C (which is not to say that some writers don’t capitalize them anyway).

It is always nice to know when there is a difference.

• Old Navy
  • mikeflood
    mikeflood

Maybe is time for solutions.....I think both parties could make concessions....nobody wants this last forever....muslims and jews are gonna live in that plot of land...better live in peace

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Capitol. @never a jw you should really think about talking to someone about your self harm over spelling errors:).”

this.

Also, from someone who lives in the nations capitol, common usage here is either/or. Im not saying its “correct” but its reality, even in newspapers, to conflate the two.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from _Morpheus:

Also, from someone who lives in the nations capitol, common usage here is either/or. Im not saying its “correct” but its reality, even in newspapers, to conflate the two.

Aye, that is precisely how languages are changed by incorrect usage becoming the "new normal."

Et Cetera (etc.) in earlier times was rarely incorrectly abbreviated, but today it is very common to see ect. instead. Correct grammar and correct spelling are going the way of the unicorn since the West's embrace of mediocrity.

What is happening on the World Scene regarding Trump's Jerusalem Executive Order is quite interesting.

Comments on the fate of Jerusalem:

https://gods-kingdom-ministries.net/daily-weblogs/2017/12-2017/comments-on-the-fate-of-jerusalem/

An Israeli view of Trump's Jerusalem decision:

https://gods-kingdom-ministries.net/daily-weblogs/2017/12-2017/an-israeli-view-of-trumps-jerusalem-decision/

Trump's Evangelical Support Group is very pleased with his decision as they believe it will hasten Armageddon and all that follows. The Middle East may soon go very hot.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Muslims, Jews & Christians have religious ties to Jerusalem - best then that Israel controls the city.

Israel recognizes and guarantees freedom of the above religions, unlike Hamas in Gaza or Fatah in West Bank.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Again, here's some sorely needed perspective: we're discussing Jerusalem and Israel, a tiny sliver of land about the size of Wales that's situated in the eastern Mediterranean.

Arab lands occupy thousands of square miles in all directions - Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Yemen, Oman, Gaza Strip, Egypt, etc.

FFS Arabs/Muslims, stop your whining, grow up and let Israel exist in peace and control Jerusalem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit