Is Trump the President of Jerusalem too?

by tor1500 32 Replies latest jw friends

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Your thoughts...How is it that Trump can dictate what goes on in other countries? Can anyone from another country come here and tell us what to do...Trump is now the President of the world now, UH?

I'm not really savvy regarding Politics but I'm no dummy either...what the heck is going on in the world...

Again, any thoughts ? I love the comments on this site....smart folks...thinkers...

Tor

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Sigh.... you have to be joking. You dont really think americas president is deciding what Israel capitol will be...?

Let me assume this is a test and i will answer the question accordingly. This is about what america recognizes as israel’s capitol politically. It has implications in the eyes of the Palestinian authority and any potential “peace” process.

President trump isnt deciding what another countries capitol is.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

An article to give context:

(little boy Kushner is at it again)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/12/04/kushner-has-no-idea-what-he-is-saying-about-the-middle-east/?utm_term=.c24c9311a6f5

Kushner doesn't really have an education, does he? His degrees were bought, weren't they? He should have paid better attention during class

(for background of background context, etc: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/09/jared-kushner-family-empire-observer)

A great example of how political decisions are driven by religious ideology

• waton
    waton

It shows that Trump is not a pragmatist, will do unreasonable things to drive his agenda.

and yes, an elephant in a room can get everyone to move. If America sneezes. Canada will develop a serious case of pneumonia.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Sorry i should have added, because this will become todays political hot topic i imagine, former president barack hussein obama, when campaigning for election, famously said with regard to mid east peace:

must preserve Israel’s identity as a Jewish state with secure, recognized, defensible borders. And Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel and it must remain undivided”

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

I don't I was just asking for thoughts & ideas...I didn't think Trump was ....again, just thoughts...at the moment I'm just watching and listening to other peoples thoughts...that's all..no debates....

I come to this site to just say what's on my mind since I can't say it to the friends...let's not take offence to our ideas and thoughts...don't hold on to the JW debating gene...we are better than that, that's why we are here...

So again, any thoughts ?

Tor

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Did you write your own OP? Lets review what you said:

“How is it that Trump can dictate what goes on in other countries? “

Thats a direct and totally innacurate statement, not a request for thoughts.

Also you said:

“Can anyone from another country come here and tell us what to do...Trump is now the President of the world now, UH?”

again, rediculious and false premise, as i clearly went on to explain. Dont be mad when your strawmen get knocked down and then all of a sudden say ‘lets not be jw’s and debate’, as if only jw’s debate. Your whole post concept was that Donald j Trump somehow determined on behalf of the sovereign nation of Israel what their capitol would be and then said ‘oh whats going on in world, how can the US do that ‘ blah blah blah, and i showed why that incredibly uninformed. If you have a sincere question ask away and you will get a variety of political comment from all over the political spectrum, but your op was rife preconceived political notions and i treated it as such.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

NEWSFLASH...It didn't start with Trump. Every U.S. President has pretty much thought of themselves as world leaders. By moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, we're recognizing the legitimacy of the Jewish state. In my view, this is something we should have done years ago.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

And now for some much needed perspective ... Mecca is controlled by Muslim Arabs in an Arabic Muslim kingdom. Non-Muslims such as Christians, Jews, atheists and gay couples can't even visit this 'holy' city.

So Jerusalem can be controlled by Israeli Jews.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

It was a question....that's all it was...just a question of thoughts...I know he is not the president of the world hardly one of the US...

I'm not mad...just commenting...I like your come back, because you bring out good points like others... again, I just wanted thoughts...I just wanted to know what others thought...that's all...thanks for your comment...Yes, I'm very uninformed...I don't get too much into politics...because politicians don't tell the truth...they are going to cut taxes then raise them then have a better Health Care then we aren't going to have Health Care...they make promises just to get elected...yet there are politicians who do care...

My question was sincere...I just wanted thoughts... & I got them...

Trump is something else...he does say what he wants...

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit