Any weapons enthusiasts here?

by Wonderment 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Well, if you own a car I hope you keep in good shape to protect yourself and others. If you don't drive for several years, wouldn't it be good to see what you remember before you go on a long trip through difficult roads?

I know people own some special cars and store them, not driving them much.

I was a hunter until my mid 20's and then I was almost shot in the head by a drunk hunter in my group. And then the year after that by a different person. I decided hunters were in it for the so-called fun, drinking, and "bonding" and for some going to the titty bars (as hubbie calls them). I didn't need the thrill of the hunt to prove my manhood. I have occasionally shot other people's rifles to see if I'm ready to do it. But then CWD and drunken hunters from Illinois who trespass on private property and shoot at anything that moves, keeps me out of the forest. I may get a 22 and do some small critter hunting on the neighbors property...maybe.

• stillin
    stillin

Talespin, I'm sure that hairspray stings your eyes if you spray it into your eyes, but that fine mist would have to be administered from a foot away. You are in serious trouble if your attacker is that close. If you aren't concerned about the well-being of your attacker, and you want to keep it legal, a can of wasp and hornet spray has a very direct stream and maybe 25' of range.

Your rapist will wish he'd never met you.

"Oops! I thought it was a big bug!"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No Guns..

Martial Arts Weapons..Silent..

I like Silent..

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

I have long rifle and handguns. Well hidden. Very well hidden.

Heck, sometimes I forget where I even hid them.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    ive got a lovely weapon. just the right length and weight. its served me proud over the years. but i dont use it so often these days.
  • ssn587
    ssn587
    Shotgun, 223, 22, 308, 22.250, 45, 9mm(4), 380 and going to more Damn near live at range when at home. Shot all weekly use both right and left hands same with shotgun and rifles both right and left handed, getting back into archery too. Love to hunt just never shot anything due to getting violently ill when eating meat. But love being out of doors.
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Heck, sometimes I forget where I even hid them.

I knew a former Arizona prosecutor who told me he had a weapon in every room of his house. I asked a mutual friend, "Don't you think that's a bit extreme?"

"Ordinarily, yes," my friend said, also a prosecutor, "but knowing some of the people he put away, it's not...for him.

Do any of you know of anyone with guns who have been "counseled" to lose them by the presiding elders?

I've been told guns are okay to use for hunting, but not for self defense. I have a friend who's a member of the Apostolic Church of God, and she is wholeheartedly for the Second Amendment. But, she's against using firearms for self defense, believing that God will protect her and her family. Generally, however, God requires that we do all that we can for ourselves before lending His assistance. Anciently, God met many prophets on mountain tops. This was, I think, symbolic of this principle.

My firearms instructor told me the story of an intruder who advanced on a woman who was armed but couldn't bring herself to shoot. But then the woman's 6-year old son came into the room. Smiling wickedly, the intruder stepped sideways to grab the child...and was greatly surprised when the lad's mother emptied the gun into him, killing him on the spot.

In the U.K., Tony Martin, a farmer, received a "life sentence" when he used a shotgun to shoot one of two intruders who had broken into his home and subsequently threatened Martin with a raised crowbar. But the farmer had neglected to turn in the shotgun in when the country outlawed them, and ended up in prison whilst the other intruder was lionized by the media, even though both had criminal records and several of Martin's neighbors had been brutally assaulted in the past. Still, a police spokesman was quoted as saying, "We can't have people taking the law into their own hands." Yeah, even if the guy was going to smack you in the head with a crowbar! In the U.K. there was outrage, but not enough to save him from a life sentence. The surviving intruder was turned into a hero whilst the victim was turned into a hateful vigilante. As one great 19th century religious leader said, a people who lose the Spirit of God lose the ability to act in their own self interest.

I think that's true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit