Any weapons enthusiasts here?

by Wonderment 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

I really enjoy my guns. (OMG a Bernie supporter that likes guns!? Yeah...don't you realize you don't have to agree on everything your candidate supports?)

I have a Savage Axis .270 with a 4-16x44 scope. I want to get into long range shooting, but the Axis doesn't lend itself well to that. It's really a solid hunting rifle, not a range rifle. When the barrel heats up a lot after about 40 rounds or so, the accuracy is thrown off a bit.

I used to own a couple of handguns, however decided I more badly wanted a Kayak to fish the bays with than handguns I only used a few times a year when I went to the range.

I ended up selling all my guns except my Savage. Doesn't mean I don't have a wish list a mile long!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I love to target shoot. Very relaxing. My current line-up (in a cedar cabinet that is locked when not in use) is as follows:

Colt 1911 Gold Cup Trophy MKIV (.45 ACP)

Beretta 92 FS Target (9mm)

Ruger MK III Target (.22 LR)

Ruger Blackhawk (.41 magnum)

Ruger 10/22 USA TALO Edition (.22 LR, my 50 yd rig, with Simmons .22Mag scope)

Ruger 10/22, totally custom (.22 LR, my 100 yd rig with Vortex Viper scope)

Tikka T3 Sporter (.223 Rem, my 100-750 yrd rig, with Vortex Viper mildot scope)

I also have quite a collection of knives from Benchmade, Spyderco, Boker, CRKT, ZT, etc.

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore
    Just working on that fighter jet now hey WC ;)
  • mrquik
    mrquik
    Just bought a Smith & Wesson 380 Body Guard semi. It comes with the built in laser scope. It will replace my Beretta Tomcat. I carry for self defense & had a situation where I could have used deadly force to protect myself. I elected not to fire the weapon & instead was assaulted on my own property by a deranged man 20 yrs. younger & 50 lbs. heavier. I got my ass kicked & needed surgery to close the wound to my mouth. Had he came at me with anything in his hand, I would have used deadly force to protect myself. Come to find out, he has a history of violent behavior & was already charged with 2 other assault cases. I live in a small country village. I was attacked on my own property. If it can happen here, it can happen anywhere.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007
    I have a glock to open beer cans....a Magnum for opening jam jars and two shot guns which I just shoot in the air each morning yelling: "Yeeeeeeehaaaaa I luv Texas!"
  • Simon
    Simon

You are exactly the kind of gun owner than is the source for illegal guns - stolen or taken (possibly without you even realizing it) and then used for crime.

Now, suppose you were liable for crimes committed with one of those weapons. You'll be needing some insurance to protect you from being sued by the families of the victims of your guns and because you have so many and are so careless, it will be a lot.

Do you still want so many guns? Would you still leave them lying around? And have your 2nd amendment "rights" been affected in any way?

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    Just working on that fighter jet now hey WC :wink:

That's the problem with people that don't know guns.

The majority of WC's guns are .22LR...a glorified pellet rifle... Pellet rifles can kill, and so can .22LR's...but a .22LR would never be used as a military round or self defense round. It's main purpose is small game hunting (squirrel, rabbit, etc) and plinking.

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411

You should speak with my hubby as he is a collector of sorts. I don't even know how many guns he has. And he has a CCW permit so he carries everywhere. His top priority is gun safety as ammo and pistols are locked in separate gun safes and guns are stored safely. People should be properly trained before being able to purchase a gun. No question about it.

Have you ever seen someone who has never handled a gun before? They are scared as if the gun is alive and will attack them. Again, it is all about getting educated and trained. Ignorant unskilled people are dangerous.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Since I mentioned the guns I have let me mention a few more things.

• I have a gun safe, and carry permit
    • I am NOT a member of the NRA, nor do I support them, and I really don't care about their "agenda"
    • I do not post all over my social media myself surrounded by guns
    • I don't wear daisy duke's, i don't drive a lifted truck, I wear suits and drive a benz
    • I've never screamed "yeehaaa!" when firing a gun.
    • I like guns, I am not a "gun nut". No one here knows the environment I was raised in and why guns became a normal part of my life.
    • I know guns are not toys
    • I believe more laws relating to background checks and firearm identification WILL dramatically reduce deaths and are necessary.
    • If guns were banned, I'd still have a gun.
    • And I know everyone has opinions on them, I only have opinions for myself. Opinions don't change anything, only actions and I can only control my actions.
    • I don't thing the size or number of guns I own has anything to do with enhancing my manhood, only genetics can have a say on that.
    • I don't believe everyone who owns a guns should, or is smart enough to won one. yes that is scary.
    • For every dislike my above post about what I own gets, I will throw away one of my guns. not really, because as I said before opinions don't do anything. Only actions.
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Living in the U.S. certainly has its benefits, doesn't it?

Just recently I came across a video of a hiker in Washington who found a mountain lion in his path. He only had a walking stick and some pepper spray, which isn't adequate in my view. I have a friend who killed a mountain lion when it dropped from a tree and rushed him. He was inspecting fence posts for his father-in-law in Utah when it happened, and he pulled his .357 and shot it. Because this wasn't normal behavior for a mountain lion, they sent the head to the Centers for Disease Control in Denver. The report came back positive for rabies. But at the time, my friend was heartbroken over having to kill such a beautiful animal.

Man is, alas, perhaps the only creature created by God with no natural defenses against the elements or other predators. We have no fur, our skin is easily ripped and torn, our feet almost always needs binding, we have no sharp teeth or claws, our muscle density is pathetic; we can't even outrun our most dangerous enemies. Of all animals, human young are the most vulnerable and they stay vulnerable for years. God gave us no natural defenses, so the American founders were serious when they said self defense was a right given us by God.

Rosie O'Donnell said in this day and age no one needs guns, but her security detail carries them. She thinks New York extends all the way westward until the suburbs of Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle are reached. She thinks that there's a cop on every corner between there and here and that we've reached the point where we as a society no longer need them. Some years ago, the late Beatle George Harrison confronted an intruder. As he was beaten, his wife was trying to fend off her husband's assailant, but was not faring well. Harrison then began doing one of the only things he legally could do in the U.K. to defend himself. He began yelling, "Hare Krishna!" He was badly beaten and the interior fled.

So people who say we don't need weapons today are deranged themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNO2CUGPSl8&feature=youtu.be

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit