What's More Important...Taking care of immigrants or the needy in your country?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Just how good is the record of the USA in helping their own first ?

The Native American Indians ? Not a good record.

The African Americans ? Not a good record .

However past mistakes can be rectified , yet it seems to be a catch 22 with the military operation going on over there and the call for taking in refugees from those lands.

I don`t believe you can screen out someone 100% that they will not be a potential threat at some later date .

Islam have many extremists willing to die for there cause , and the Muslim community have not done anywhere near enough in not just voicing disapproval of there actions but taking stronger military action to eradicate ISIS .All Muslim nations should be joining in an all out war on the Daesh ,Islamic State.

For those who bend over backwards trying not to offend the moderate Muslims , I say the moderate Muslims need to take action against IS , instead of sitting on the fence and falling in with whoever wins ,as it looks to me

Why aren`t a coalition of the Muslim nations sending in ground troops to put an end to this cancer of Islam

It`s certainly not endearing anybody in the sane world to be a Muslim.

smiddy.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    in the case, Canada. I have seen a "refugee" claimant standing on the American side of the yellow line at a border crossing, and a lawyer already present to get him to have his shout of "refugee" recognized to cross that painted border line.

Yeah, that still doesn't mean "Anyone can declare himself a "refugee" receive immediate benefits, including a free lawyer". It means you say a specific situation and we don't know any details behind it. How do we know this? Amazingly, Canada also has a webpage that details how they accept and recognize someone as a refugee. Amazingly, I know, "standing on the American side of the border and shouting 'refugee' so a free lawyer can hear it" isn't one of those ways.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/canada.asp

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I wonder why? I get that some people don't like you, you can be blunt and this is a political thread, but to dislike that fact that you help other people is petty and childish

Oh, I think you know....

• prologos
    prologos
    There just has been a landmark German court case, brought by an unemployed migrant with several children who has won the right to receive full lifetime benefits, because he lived 6 month in that country just "looking for work". This is a dangerous precedent, neighbouring countries will lose (and are losing) large portions of their most fertile citizen. clever and free ambulance chasing lawyers in Canada too can take such cases all the way to the top cort, challenging the very legislations that threatens their base.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    There just has been a landmark German court case, brought by an unemployed migrant with several children who has won the right to receive full lifetime benefits, because he lived 6 month in that country just "looking for work".

Citation required. Also, what does this have to do with Syrian refugees?

clever and free ambulance chasing lawyers in Canada too can take such cases all the way to the top cort, challenging the very legislations that threatens their base.

1) If they are ambulance chasers looking for a quick buck off of the hurt of others, how does this get them paid? 2) Who's base? 3) Citation required.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit