What's More Important...Taking care of immigrants or the needy in your country?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus
    I say take care of the needy ones first like our veterans and homeless and mentally ill, and then....take care of those not from this country.
  • prologos
    prologos
    Or, spend the money on the education of your citizen children of long time tax payers first. the student debt, cost of education of the young is a scandal. Much of the "foreign aid" ends up in swiss accounts too.
  • minimus
    minimus
    We need to take care of our own people first and then help others if we still can.
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

What about not being partial and help / care for ANY human being in need?

We humans are one family, no matter from which country we are.

In a Kindergarten in Germany, children where asked if they have refugees or foreigners in their Kindergarten group. The answer of a child. "NO, THERE ARE JUST CHILDREN."

• minimus
    minimus

If you can help

anyone in need, it's good but if I have to choose, let's say between my family and you, you lose.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    I've yet to really ask any rough sleepers I do outreach with for a passport. Not really the most important thing to be thinking about.
  • GoneAwol
    GoneAwol
    I would say looking after family is a responsibility not a charity. Anyone that can fulfill someones need beyond family is kindness. There should be no barriers to kindness, except our own circumstances and what we can spare. Certainly not borders or race or religion.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    I say take care of the needy ones first like our veterans and homeless and mentally ill, and then....take care of those not from this country.

Excellent. What have you done lately )time donation, acting as an advocate, worked at a homeless shelter, donated money, etc.) to take care of our needy ones?

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Id lean towards the idea that If you cant take care of your own,

how then can you be trusted to be able to care for those who are not your own?

• never a jw
    never a jw
    immigrants and needy in your country overlap. Holy shit! The governing body is right!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit