Somebody forgot where they parked

by JeffT 13 Replies latest social humour

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If I dumped an old wreck of a car, I'd be traced within hours!!

Talesin, here's a good example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdkrITb0pEQ

• Divergent
    Divergent

As I said earlier, the owner is known to the airport authorities all along. There is no way that they would have no clue at all as to who the owner is!

'Missing’ owner of three Boeing 747s comes forward

PETALING JAYA: The "missing" owner of the three aircraft parked at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) has come forward, claiming that the company has been in contact with Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) on a "consistent basis".

Swift Air Cargo chief executive officer Captain Blue Peterson toldThe Star Friday that the three Boeing 747s that were featured in newspaper advertisements on Dec 7 belonged to the company.

He said Swift has been the owner of the three aircraft since June 8 this year.

"MAHB knows this for we have been in many meetings with them about the aircraft.

"MAHB for some unfathomable reason, refuses to acknowledge Swift as the owners of the aircraft, even though we have all of the supporting documents, including the Bill of Sale for the three aircraft," he claimed.

He said the sale of the aircraft to Swift Air Cargo was witnessed by solicitor Syed Amir Ibrahim of Syed Ibrahim & Co, when the documents were signed in Kuala Lumpur.

When contacted, Syed Amir confirmed that the sale of the aircraft to Swift took place.

Captain Peterson also claimed that he had a Statutory Declaration from the previous owner, notarised in Hong Kong and with the Malaysian Consulate stamping it.

"All the many various supporting documents, clearly state that Swift is the owner of all three B747s," he said.

He added that the first meeting with MAHB was on June 17 with their senior general manager of operations services.

Multiple meetings followed, and Captain Peterson said that each request for documentation was supplied as requested.

He said the last meeting with MAHB was on Oct 12, with both the chief operating officer and the general manager present, adding that he last heard from MAHB on Nov 3.

"Since then, Swift and MAHB have been communicating with letters and we were waiting for yet another meeting to present more documentation and information as requested by MAHB, when instead MAHB announced to the world that the owner of the three B747s was missing.

"Based on this evidence, Swift is unable to fathom the reason for MAHB’s declaration that it has taken ‘exhaustive steps’ without being able to find a ‘contact person’ when all along, Swift was fulfilling its obligations," said Captain Peterson.

MAHB had published newspaper advertisements to serve as notice to the owners of three aircraft, saying that the planes may be sold or disposed of if not collected within 14 days.

Swift Air Cargo is currently called Splunk n’ Dash Sdn Bhd until the change of name is approved by the Malaysian Department of Civil Aviation and the Companies Commission of Malaysia.

Attempts to reach MAHB have so far been unsuccessful.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2015/12/11/swift-air-cargo-mahb/

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    I suppose that we need a aircraft junkyard, so people can go in and buy what they like and re purpose them houses, tourist attractions, metal art, wiring , computer parts, just whatever, when a plane is out of date, so to speak, there needs to be one place they can go and land and park. the waste this world has is a sin, and since when cant that metal be melted down?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

A sure sign of redneck aristocrats... old jumbo jets up on blocks in the front yard...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit