Best pills meds or other to take before meeting?

by Crazyguy 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• brandnew
    brandnew

Not very long ago on a sunday morning , during a meeting i took my dad to.....i walked to my car for my usual shot of puerto rican sugar cane moonshine. As i sat there....i figured "hey..imma sit the meeting out..right here" 😈😈.

After about 15 minutes...an eldurr was doing his rounds of the parking lot, came up to the car and as he got closer i raised the bottle and asked if he wanted a "traguito"?.

_😂😂😂😂😂 it was funny watching him walk away all pissed off. Probably cuz he did want some.....or....cuz ya cant disfellwship a disfellowshipped dude. Ha ha😈😇😈!!

See y'all.

Mad Puppy

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Xanex and beer for the mid week meeting
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Have about 3 vodkas and orange juices, hope that helps(lack of smell on your breath)
  • Simon Templar
    Simon Templar
    For about the past year, my wife has been taking a small-dose Xanax about 1/2 hour before the meeting.
  • why144000
    why144000
    Nembutal
  • Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Ativan (Lorazepam) and Xanax (Alprazolam) are both benzodiazepines. They are indicated for short term management of anxiety/emotional crisis states. Benzodiazepines can lead to dependence and can engender paradoxical side effects ranging from talkativeness and excitement to aggressive and antisocial acts. Abrupt withdrawal may produce confusion, toxic psychosis, convulsions. Benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome may develop at any time up to 3 weeks after stopping a long-acting benzodiazepine, but may occur within a day in the case of a short-acting one. Withdrawal should therefore take place following established protocols.

It is such a pity to have to take the above (bearing in mind the risks) to go to JW meetings.

• steve2
    steve2

The best pill before a meeting is one that will make your body feel so heavy and relaxed you won't be able to get off of your cosy sofa at home and leave for the meeting. It's probably not a great long-term solution, but man, it helps in the short-term.

But seriously, avoid any benzodiazepine medication (which are called anxiolytics) - a medical term for helping reduce anxiety. Benzodiazepines were developed for short-term use (from 3 to 4 weeks tops) and are addictive. The huge trouble people experience trying to stop them after becoming addicted is a warning they are not for mid- to long term use. Ativan is from a class of benzos called Lorazepam. if you have been on this medication long term, the medical professional prescribing it is being negligent and ignoring warnings about its longer term use.

Another class of medications are antidepressants - some help with anxiety but then some antidepresants reportedly make people more susceptible to anxious states.

I recommend you talk to a trusted and competent medical professional because so many variables need to be considered before decisions to prescribe should be made.

It is a concern that often medical professionals recommend medication before other matters have been addressed such as engaging in therapy and learning and practising skills for self-soothing,

• freddo
    freddo
    A decent shot of cynicism.
  • talesin
    talesin

NK & Steve2

Thank you for giving a good explanation of how ADDICTIVE benzos are. Too many drugs are used in our culture (and I'm not talking about street drugs).

Many people think narcotics are the only dangerous prescription meds, but in fact, all forms of anti-depressants, anxiety meds, PPIs, and many other prescription medications are addictive. I don't like to say 'can form a dependency', because I feel that is an euphemism that makes them seem less dangerous than street drugs.

It's a quick fix that can turn into a very long 'broken'. I'm always surprised when I hear someone talk casually about 'popping Xanax', instead of getting some help for their issues. Addiction to pills is a serious thing, and some physicians have a very free hand with the 'scrip pad.

Short-term, when you *really* need them. That should be the rule for most 'scrips (with obvious exceptions, such as insulin for type 1 diabetes, and thyroid medications).

(Mother's Little Helper, by the Rolling Stones = Valium. We've been drugging ourselves into a stupor for a long time.)

• Stealth
    Stealth
    Cyanide pill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit