What does your online handle mean?

by iiz2cool 61 Replies latest jw friends

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

When I signed up to this board,

it was 9pm, I was charging my cellphone...

(I have just realised my handle sounds like a frigid German Virgin.)

• Sabine
    Sabine

I got Sabine from ancient Roman history, the rape of the Sabines.

A fter the foundation of Rome, the problem was to populate it. Romulus gathered the local shepherds but there were no women. What could he do? He thought to organize a feast, and invited the Sabines with their wives and daughters. During the feast, at a given sign, the young Romans kidnapped the women and put to flight the men. But some time later the Sabines, lead by Titus Tazio king of Curiti, a Sabine tribe,came back to free their women and to take revenge for the insult.

I related to the story because the Sabines thought they were invited to a feast and ended up being raped instead. I was lured in by a "spiritual feast" and was spiritually raped by the cult.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    It means I am Micheal.

I think your parents spelled your name wrong.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Finalist, best handle: Sabine.

• neverthere
    neverthere

I picked neverthere, simple cause I was neverthere as a JW that is.

Diana

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

( lllllllll )

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Wow, Sabine: "I was lured in by a "spiritual feast" and was spiritually raped by the cult. " well put.

mine handle? doh! <standing and taking the microphone> I'm Joy and I'm glad to be free!

Freedom is so sweet to anyone who has ever been a captive.

j2bf

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Well, being ignorant of some things keeps us blissful.

While I was in the borg, and ignorant of all the crap that was going on, I felt happy, blissful to some extent. Once I found out and experienced the badness of the WTS I could no longer be happy so I left.

Now I'm out and blissful because I'm ignorant (meaning........not involved with) the WTS's activities.

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

But I prefer being called just plain ol' BLISS!

(-;

• Amazing
    Amazing

A fellow electrical engineer at Bechtel Corporation often would use the phrase "simply amazing" to characterize some of the socio-political problems we have in the world ... I managed to catch on to the phrase ... and used it for my first screen name on H20 ... when I joined JWD, I shortened it to "Amazing" for ease of typing ... and I employ it for the same reason ... all the things we have endured and come to understand as JWs/ex-JWs is "Simply Amazing" ...

• berylblue
    berylblue

It's just from some prose I wrote about this totally GORGEOUS HUNK with whom I had an affair when I was 24. Went on to become rich and famous. I knew he would.

Hey, M.....I will always remember your beryl blue eyes.....

Rosemarie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit