"Armageddon is imminent!"

by nowwhat? 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

It's really too bad that the Org doesn't commit to a date like they used to do. They can just play this game of hanging the carrot in front of JWs with this endless notion of the big A being just around the corner.

In my last discussion with my JW sister, i asked what she thought a reasonable amount of time is for the big A to happen and after some pressure, she said that 10 years is a reasonable amount of time. The problem is that 10 years go by and people barely realize time flying by. Before they know it, they will be 80 years old and their entire life was spent waiting. How sad.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Since the 1960's it's always been "no more than 5 years"

• Half banana
    Half banana

It's how you keep the JW confidence trick working. Talk about the boy who cried wolf.......

Come to think of it, it was the flock which was eaten by the wolf when he did arrive. Is this prophetic?

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Its closer today than yesterday!

Thats what "friends" used to say :)

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

"We are in the very last seconds of the very last days!!!"

"Renovations at Patterson will take place over the next several years, and a special contribution box will be added to offset the expenses."

___________________________________________________________________________________

Start listening at 4:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKI5UK42jPg

• Listener
    Listener

The June 1993 Watchtower claims that a Christian should believe it is imminent and only then can they be 'of sound mind'

[6. Why must we be sound in mind?

6 Despite all the watching, no one will ever figure out in advance the exact day he is due to come. Jesus says: “On this account you too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that you do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.” (Matthew 24:44) Hence the need for soundness of mind. If a Christian were to think that on a certain day, Christ would not come, perhaps that would be the very day that he did come! Of course, well-meaning, faithful Christians in the past have sincerely tried to predict when the end would come. Yet, Jesus’ caution has been proved true time and time again: “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.”​—Matthew 24:36.

7. To be followers of Christ, how must we live our lives?

7 What, therefore, should we conclude? That to be followers of Christ, we have to live always believing that the end of this wicked system is imminent.]

'Imminent' is just another buzz word this cult uses. Saying that a person must be ready or on the watch because nobody knows the day or the hour is vastly different from claiming it is imminent.

• blondie
    blondie

Or as my husband says, we are living in the toenails of the image shown to Nebuchadnezzar.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

'dont buy green bananas'

'if you tilt your head to one side and squint'

Lol the comments here are great 🤣

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ APieceOfShitNamedTate...

That guy (at 4:10) talks like he's half-stoned... at least until he starts reading from Revelation.

Then it gets dialed up like a Pat Robertson special.

Ten bucks says Patterson get sold after it's renovated.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Ten bucks says Patterson get sold after it's renovated.

I thought about that. I also think it's a possibility that most of the money from the new contribution boxes will be used for the lawsuits. I find it very strange that right around the time the $h!& is about to hit the fan, all of a sudden the kingdom halls need extra contribution boxes. Patterson can't possibly be in that bad of a shape. I'm not saying they won't sell it, but I think they engineered this whole "renovation" thing to get as much money as possible. The majority of the money will be for lawsuits, and they'll use whatever is left over to paint or something. Then people will be like,

"Weren't you all supposed to renovate Patterson?"

And they'll be like, "We did. We slapped on a new coat of eggshell white, and we put in a new water fountain."

"We needed extra contribution boxes just for that? My cousin and his crew would have done the job for free! They're all Witnesses. They would have gladly donated a weekend's worth of labor."

"Don't question the Governi...I mean, Jehovah. Yeah, that's right. Jehovah...or Jesus."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit