Another Galling Meeting!

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Yesterday's meeting was again, quite soporific. However, I felt indignation when it came to paragraph 16 of the Watchtower catechism. It reads...

"The remarkable growth that we see today is the result of our faith in God and full acceptance of the Bible..."

I won't deal with the first part of that sentence here, but the claim at the end - this is just an outright and most egregious lie! In January 2013, the statement of purpose of the Watchtower catechism was removed from the inside front cover. It read...."THE PURPOSE OF THIS MAGAZINE, The Watchtower, is to honor Jehovah God, the Supreme Ruler of the universe. Just as watchtowers in ancient times enabled a person to observe developments from afar, so this magazine shows us the significance of world events in the light of Bible prophecies. It comforts people with the good news that God’s Kingdom, which is a real government in heaven, will soon bring an end to all wickedness and transform the earth into a paradise. It promotes faith in Jesus Christ, who died so that we might gain everlasting life and who is now ruling as King of God’s Kingdom. This magazine has been published by Jehovah’s Witnesses continuously since1879 and is nonpolitical. It adheres to the Bible as its authority." (Bold mine)

The claim of "remarkable growth" is wanton hyperbole, but to claim "full acceptance of the Bible" is a downright lie. Why did they withdraw the statement of purpose in Jan 2013 rather than simply amend it? Why has notice of its withdrawal never been given or explained? They (the GBoJW) know that in actual fact, it does not adhere to the Bible as its authority! To then claim "full acceptance of the Bible" nearly three years later is an act of the utmost deceit and hypocrisy.

Next week's Watchtower catechism is called: "One Hundred Years Under Kingdom Rulership!". This article and its forerunners are far from honouring God, certainly don't promote faith in Christ, and devoid of comfort. Well I just cannot bear it. I will have to absent myself! The appaling quality of output from the writing committee is driving me away! I'll go to the cinema and watch Starwars or something!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/99310003/watchtower-magazine-statement-purpose
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Next week's Watchtower catechism is called: "One Hundred Years Under Kingdom Rulership!".

So, Christ has only 898 years & 8 months left of his 1000 years to wipe out wickedness and to bring the earth to perfection!

According to the scriptures, when Christ's reign starts, he will throw Satan into the abyss and then carry out the resurrection. I must've missed those events.

(Revelation 20:2-7) "And he seized the dragon, the original serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 And he hurled him into the abyss and shut [it] and sealed [it] over him, that he might not mislead the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After these things he must be let loose for a little while. 4 And I saw thrones, and there were those who sat down on them, and power of judging was given them. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed with the ax for the witness they bore to Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had worshiped neither the wild beast nor its image and who had not received the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years. 7 Now as soon as the thousand years have been ended, Satan will be let loose out of his prison..."

So, are the Magnificent 7 trying to change scriptures again by saying that Christ's reign will be an overlapping rulership - one which lasts longer than the 1000 years which God/Jesus/angel stated to the apostle John?

Interestingly, if you type in "thousand years" in the 2015 WT Library search, none of these Revelation verses are listed.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I was tempted to put my hand up yesterday after one of the elders was crowing about 5300 being baptised each day and point out that 4600 are leaving as well with a net gain of just 18000 people last service year.

Growth indeed!

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    ... 5300 being baptised each day ...

5300 per week

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Oops - yes per week.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

You have to admit that the number of "anointed" is growing at an amazing rate! lol

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• airborne
    airborne

Did not know that about the Statement of Purpose being deleted from the inside cover of the Watchtower.

Interesting post and yes truly disgusting about the mind control being exercised by this maniacal gb.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Konceptual99...

I think your number of "18000" has one too many zeroes.

Just sayin'. :wink:

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Thanks for pointing out that statement of purpose being removed from inside of WT. Thanks, I prolly wouldn't have caught that.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The article was about love.. , and in para 5 it said:

God’s Word shows that love—warm personal attachment or deep affection—is essential for humans to enjoy happy relationships. This is certainly true in marriage. In words directed to the congregation, the apostle Paul said: “Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. It does not brag, ......(1 Cor 13)

Now even I remember that in this passage Paul was using the agape' love, not family or romantic love. It is about love in the congregation being more important than outward "gifts of the Holy Spirit". It is out of context here if they talk of marriage .

If I knew that , I am sure the experienced Writing Committee did. Are they getting sloppy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit