"Armageddon is already here"; "the preaching work is done" -- rogue teachings in your congregation?

by FatFreek 2005 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Some ten years ago that Rayford talk, a Special Assembly Day main discourse, was referenced on this forum. Some person back then even took the time and effort to transcribe the key part of it and I will paste that here. Firstly, here's the link.

I’m going to put these notes down here for a minute and just say something to you.

"I’d like for you to listen to this very carefully…

For those of us at Bethel we have the privilege of working with the faithful and discreet slave - the governing body - and I would like for you to know how the governing body - the faithful slave - feels about the way things are right now in this system of things, the time period in which you are living.

The faithful slave feels that that have fulfilled Matthew 24:14. This good news has been preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness.

What does the next part of that text say, after?

(a couple of people mutter in the audience)

Yes. The end will come.

Do you know that there are only three countries in the entire world where there are no Witnesses today?

Only three countries. They are Somalia, North Korea, and Afghanistan. That doesn’t mean that the literature is not in those countries, there’s no Witnesses there.

And I mentioned this yesterday to some of the friends, and they wanted to know why, and I will tell you why.

Jehovah does not send his people to any environment where they will be killed.

That’s why there’s no Witnesses there. Those two (sic) countries bear community responsibility. But the good news of the kingdom has been preached.
    Matthew 24. Luke 21. Mark 13. Revelation 6. Those scriptures are having their fulfillment. They’re being fulfilled.

So where are you in the stream of bible prophecy?

What is the next prophecy to be fulfilled - the next one?

Do you know?

(silence)

I’m going to read it to you. Turn to Revelation. Revelation 17. Verses 15 through 17.

And he says to me, the waters you saw where the Harlot is sitting means people and crowds and nations and tongues. The ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked and will eat up her fleshly parts and will completely burn her with fire, for God put it into their hearts to carry out His thoughts - or His thought, even to carry out their one thought - by giving their kingdom to the wild beast until the words of God will have been accomplished.

The words of God will have been accomplished.

The anointed - the faithful slave - is waiting for God with this one thought in their hearts.

That’s the next bible prophecy to be fulfilled. For those who know what that means, that triggers the Great Tribulation.

Once that starts, all of you will be locked into where you are now.

Whatever you’ve done, you’ve done. There won’t be any more “well, you know I could have, I thought of, that I might do this, if I had the time.”

This is the time.

What will you going to, what will you do about the time in which you, we, are living?

Be at it urge..urgently. Be quick about it.

The time left is reduced."
  • FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

The following is related and may be of interest. It is a snippet from some elder's resignation letter, a letter he wrote to the governing body in 2008.

"And it was that thought that prompted me to take a closer look at the doctrine. I was horrified. Even a cursory examination of WT doctrine shows it to be terribly flawed. It is a patchwork of illogical, conflicting statements all aimed at proving the world's end to be "at hand." Nothing holds, no statement can be taken at face value, for it soon changes. To give an example: Recently a James Rayford made the comment at an SAD [Special Assembly Day]that the prophecy of Matthew 24:14 has been fulfilled. But this claim had been made eleven years earlier in 1995! (w95 9/1 p. 18 Christian Witnesses for Divine Sovereignty. ["Looking forward especially to our time, Jesus said: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10) Has this prophecy been fulfilled? Indeed, it has."]) So what has changed? Were you wrong in '95? If so, how do you know that you are right now? Can you tell us? . . . "

Fatfreek 2005 note: Above text within square brackets [ ] has been added to clarify context.

• zeb
    zeb

S.A.T.'75.

At 21.24.. "the door will be shut by then".

1967 WT p262. refers to that 6000 years of human rule will be up etc.

• zeb
    zeb

From James Rayford talk 2007 Houston. "Others may be of the mind set that money, will take care of their problems".

The gb should re run that one next time they ask for more money.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Armageddon is already here..."

I'm sure there's a handful of higher-ups who are starting to feel that way, all things considering.

:smirk:

• a watcher
    a watcher

If the preaching work is done, why are we still preaching?

The prophecy at Matthew 24:14 may be fulfilled, but the preaching work is not done.

It won't be done until it stops, worldwide.

• Jayk
    Jayk
    I don't know where to begin with this one. Im slowly starting to see a trend in religion/secret societys. I have a family member who makes very good money and is looking to be in pretty high standings in the congregation at some point(he went to school). I would be very interested to see what would happen if like some religions (Scientology) the WTS is a scheme to fund a secret society. Scientology doesn't fund a secret society but clearly is a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit