"Armageddon is already here"; "the preaching work is done" -- rogue teachings in your congregation?

by FatFreek 2005 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

steve2.....................I remember Kingdom News #16. I was pioneering then and 'placed' well over 500 myself. 'Speeding up the work', my ass!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"the preaching work is done"

or the fear mongering bullshitting is done, we will now take the money and run

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

or the fear mongering bullshitting is done, we will now take the money and run

Ha ha Nice one

• Ding
    Ding

Maybe Armageddon came in 1975 after all... invisibly.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Watchtower is, as usual, talking out of both sides of its mouth as they HAVE been allowing people to give talks saying the preaching work is done. Probably to frighten folks into staying. One guy stated it was done with the exception of a couple of rogue states ( mentioning 3 countries: North Korea, Saudi Arabia and I think Sudan?) and that the people there " bear collective responsibility" for essentially letting such rulers have power!!! Never mind that they are totalitarian dictatorships or religious monarchies who own the country etc

There's something about it here, but I couldn't find the talk again:

https://youtu.be/xKI5UK42jPg

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

In 2010 a local "bully" / "power-trip" elder boldly proclaimed that it would be "the last memorial before Armageddon"...

Even then , before I had fully awoken, I thought he was going off-script.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Yeah? How about the 300,000 people that were born today? And how about the 300,000 people that turn 18 today? and tomorrow? and day after?
    When exactly is it supposed to be done?
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I guess it's tempting to speculate that Armageddon is imminent, because otherwise, what else do you have to look forward to in life as a Jehovah's Witness, more years of boring meetings and field service? Inevitably some people take that speculation too far and start thinking they know something that others do not. The organization doesn't care that much because baseless speculation is useful for keeping the flock fearful and faithful, as long as the elder involved isn't trying to start his own religion they won't do anything. In two years time collective amnesia will set in and everyone will have forgotten such a claim was ever made and it will start all over again.

My mom once told me "Brother Blowhard thinks Armageddon is coming any day now, and he must know something, because he's and elder!"

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I am sure that the GB will soon come with an Idea like

"Armageddon has already started invisibly and those who are spiritually deserved can only see it." (Perhaps only the GB)

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTD1qabI3v0

waiting for the WTS to join the top 10 cults. They are all horrible but have a common thread, and that is everyone but themselves are destroyed in their harm a geddeon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit