James Rayford's Talk - 1 Year on... DC Talk

by AlphaOmega 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

At the convention, a brother gave the following exerpt within the talk "Do Not Follow - after false stories"

MP3 here... http://www.savefile.com/files/914842

Sensational tales or experiences received via e-mail could be "false stories".

So when you receive an e-mail, you know where it comes from because it tells you does't it... it's printed out on the piece of paper.

... but if you are sent and experience or a doubtful story, can you find out what the origin is of that account or that experience?

Or do you know whether is actions are exaggerated or whether it's distorted and is it even be possible to confirm it's accuracy.

Well, that sister, she might be here today said to me on the ministry... "errr.... is it true that the Governing Body has said that the work is finished?"

...mumbled...

Not likely that they've said that, but on making enquiries, it seems that one of the Brooklyn staff has been giving a talk which has been about THE FACT THAT OUR WORK HAS BEEN SUCESSFULLY PREACHED IN MOST COUNTRIES.

That's a lot different to "The work has been completed", you see a change of wording can give the ..i... wrong idea.

But we here all KNOW the talk that he was referring to, It is the talk from the 2006 -2007 Special Assembly Day given by James Rayford re Matthew 24:14 !

In which brother Rayford said...

I’m going to put these notes down here for a minute and just say something to you.

I’d like for you to listen to this very carefully…

For those of us at Bethel we have the privilege of working with the faithful and discreet slave - the governing body - and I would like for you to know how the governing body - the faithful slave - feels about the way things are right now in this system of things, the time period in which you are living.

The faithful slave feels that that have fulfilled Matthew 24:14. This good news has been preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness.

What does the next part of that text say, after?

(a couple of people mutter in the audience)

Yes. The end will come.

Do you know that there are only three countries in the entire world where there are no Witnesses today?

Only three countries. They are Somalia, North Korea, and Afghanistan. That doesn’t mean that the literature is not in those countries, there’s no Witnesses there.

And I mentioned this yesterday to some of the friends, and they wanted to know why, and I will tell you why.

Jehovah does not send his people to any environment where they will be killed.

That’s why there’s no Witnesses there. Those two (sic) countries bear community responsibility. But the good news of the kingdom has been preached.
    Matthew 24. Luke 21. Mark 13. Revelation 6. Those scriptures are having their fulfillment. They’re being fulfilled.

So where are you in the stream of bible prophecy?

What is the next prophecy to be fulfilled - the next one?

Do you know?

(silence)

I’m going to read it to you. Turn to Revelation. Revelation 17. Verses 15 through 17.

And he says to me, the waters you saw where the Harlot is sitting means people and crowds and nations and tongues. The ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked and will eat up her fleshly parts and will completely burn her with fire, for God put it into their hearts to carry out His thoughts - or His thought, even to carry out their one thought - by giving their kingdom to the wild beast until the words of God will have been accomplished.

The words of God will have been accomplished.

The anointed - the faithful slave - is waiting for God with this one thought in their hearts.

That’s the next bible prophecy to be fulfilled. For those who know what that means, that triggers the Great Tribulation.

Once that starts, all of you will be locked into where you are now.

Whatever you’ve done, you’ve done. There won’t be any more “well, you know I could have, I thought of, that I might do this, if I had the time.”

This is the time.

What will you going to, what will you do about the time in which you, we, are living?

Be at it urge..urgently. Be quick about it.

The time left is reduced.

The audio for that talk can be found on this thread... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/127219/1.ashx

The above transcript from the Matthew 24:14 talk came from... http://www.virushead.net/vhrandom/tag/James-Rayford

So... is just me, or is the contrast astouding ??? Not only does Brother Rayford state several times that scripture has been (past tense) fulfilled, but he blatantly states that the GB are "waiting".

• monophonic
    monophonic

i listened to most of this idiotic talk, i love the beginning, didn't he say, everyone, let's close our bibles? i can't bare to stomach hearing his arrogant mock humility tone of authority again, so may someone can confirm so i don't wretch.

anyway, his talk was getting all my relatives wet in their panties.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

He did... So don't puke

The exerpt was part of a much larger talk.

I CANNOT BELIEVE that they had the front to deny this at this years DC as they are faced wth a recording on the internet.

But, I guess that most loyal JWs will think, "yep, sounds like a JW talk, but I bet that it's a CLEVER APOSTATE FORGERY!".

Anyway, thanks for replying to the thread - you are the first in over 250 views

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Maybe they are getting ready to jump ship and head to the Bahamas, they are selling off a whole lot of properties these days. I certainly believe that the tract that they put out last summer about the end of false religion, was retribution for all the bad information about them on the inter-net and it's spreading fast as we know. Someone at headquarters is getting a little nervous!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Seems to be putting distance between the first talk and the official party line.

it seems that one of the Brooklyn staff has been giving a talk

As though he is a mere staff member and THIS is the official line from the Assembly programme. Was there not a Bethel speaker named Ciro something who once speculated that the King of the North was now radical Islam? . That was never official doctrine either. It seems they have a job keeping these bros in line who are so close to the G B that they think they can speak for them,

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Seems to be putting distance between the first talk and the official party line.

it seems that one of the Brooklyn staff has been giving a talk

As though he is a mere staff member and THIS is the official line from the Assembly programme. Was there not a Bethel speaker named Ciro something who once speculated that the King of the North was now radical Islam? . That was never official doctrine either. It seems they have a job keeping these bros in line who are so close to the G B that they think they can speak for them,

Whoops - sorry for the double post

• JK666
    JK666

BluesBrother,

Ciro Aucillino was the primary UN whore! Check the threadz, its the real shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

JK

• 1914!
    1914!

Beware the internet! Apostacy is rampant!

<p>

heh, I remember the apostates that would show up with signs outside our District conventions. I remember being told, "Don't even look at them, don't read anything!" They were/are so demonized, I swear, you though that you were seeing actual demons in a human body.

• monophonic
    monophonic

i told my wife about this since she got the talk emailed to her from a witness...she said she didn't listen to it, but i explained that it's just another attempt at the wtbts blaming the little guy, the people 'listening to the talk' for this misinformation and not being....uh, christian?, and apologizing, or having the person who gave the talk send along an apology if it was misinformation. they always twist it to make it the publishers or apostates fault, or the elders fault....they never accept responsibility.

i explained to my wife that it's the exact same in an abusive relationship.....a husband can beat you up, then place the blame on you for _______, 'you drove me to it', mentality.

i told her the day the governing body starts sincerely apologizing..."and not, sorry we did that, but...", type apology, a heartfelt one for any of this stuff, i'll go back to meetings. and we all know that will never happen, and if it did, it would topple the whole organization anyway.

boy, the wtbts is still pushing hard to limit access to information....i see my relatives still completely bought into these manipulations....it's really scary to watch.

i faded before the internet became what it has, so i don't know how would feel about hearing this, if i would start doubting now, if my life experience was different and i was still bought into the propaganda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit