"Armageddon is already here"; "the preaching work is done" -- rogue teachings in your congregation?

by FatFreek 2005 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

One of my JW sons seems to be putting pressure on his non-JW brother apparently to scare him into accepting the troof and start coming to meetings. Wild statements like our topic title, which I know are not supported at JW dot ORG, have been made to my non-JW son several times over the past year or so. While I haven't been privy to the actual phone conversations I tend to believe that the JW son is being pressured by the local elders to cut ties with the non-JW since their conversations seem to degrade into arguments -- therefore tending to weaken the JWs faith in WT teachings.

Either my JW son is lying about what I would call rogue teachings (and this would disappoint me greatly) or he is in some close knit clique in his congregation which has secretly chosen to go rogue on certain WT issues.

Based on many of the recent posts here about drastic money and WT organization problems this could be a sign of pending splits of certain congregation members.

What do you think?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

It's within the realm of possibility. My congregation's pastor (just kidding, he's really the service overseer and former COTBOE, but everybody looks to him as the resident seer seeing as he's anointed and very outspoken, so he might as well be the pastor) often corners people in speculative doctrinal conversations that often take a turn for the bizarre, and yes, he has a plethora of his own pet theories and shall we call it "head cannon" that he will present as fact or close to it. He doesn't get in trouble, people just lap it up like he's the son of God with a new Gospel.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    sign of pending splits of certain congregation members.

Talk and speculation and excitement but who wants to leave to start another religion? For what? Core JW have expectations and hope that the end will come in their lifetime and they have the mind frame that they will stick with wt whether or not the end comes. Changing things around doctrinally and saying that the GT is here or there or that it began 20 year ago or whatever does not change a thing. Babylon the Great must be attacked or some supernatural event or realization by hardcore atheists must occur: A change empirically coming from God that will impact everyone on the planet = "the end will come.." In the meantime, people are still dying and human suffering continues......

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    A change empirically coming from God that will impact everyone on the planet = "the end will come.."

This won't give JW any more faith-not an iota more-than they already have but it will convince them that the end finally is occurring.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

"the preaching work is done"

I wouldn`t think so with only about 1/3rd of the worlds population having ever been preached to and as every hour of the day goes by the ratio of JW`s to the population gets wider and wider ,making it harder and harder for the words of Jesus to ever be accomplished.

It hasnt been acheived in 103 years of Jesus Christ rule so far and does not look like it could ever happen with the winding down of so many JW activities.

And as I have indicated before JW`s have always only been riding on the backs of Christendom poaching off of them for their members ,never entering into virgin territory where Christendom has never been before them.

Jehovah`s Witnesses are true parasites in the true sense of the word.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

our loon of a PO promoted this also, " the end being so close that you can almost smell it etc blah blah blah" that was 30 years ago, he also believed that if it was not for the blood ban there would be untold millions more jw's, he was wrong on both fronts.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    What do you think?

He may be waking up himself and it's fighting back hard.

• Splash
    Splash

We once had a public speaker say that proof the nephilim existed in Noah's day was Stone Henge in the UK.

Apparently the stone structure was built by these demon giant hybrids.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

When I was new in the cult, a bunch of sisters in my local congregation were talking that the preaching work is finished and big A would be any moment. I was enthralled. That was in 1997.

Seems jah and his myriads of angels are really working out on the implementation.

• steve2
    steve2

Merely the latest “sign” over several decades.

In 1973, at the international conventions, they drummed up huge interest over the quick presentations delivering Kingdom News tracts to householders. Those in attendance likened it to ‘the speeding up work’ that signalled the work was nearing its end before the Great Tribulation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit