No more official visits to disfellowshipped & disassociated ones

by AverageJoe1 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bennyk
    bennyk

"In recent years, many disfellowshipped or disassociated individuals have returned to Jehovah after having seen Jehovah’s Witnesses carrying out their ministry in public places. Others have approached the elders after reading a copy of the Return to Jehovah brochure or watching JW Broadcasting. (Luke 15:7) With such factors in mind, the Governing Body has determined that there is no longer a need for a formal arrangement to visit disfellowshipped or disassociated individuals each year."

So, evidently, intentional efforts to retrieve the ousted are less effective than chance happenings -- indeed, so very less effective that there is no longer a need for intentional efforts (?)

• steve2
    steve2

"So, evidently, intentional efforts to retrieve the ousted are less effective than chance happenings -- indeed, so very less effective that there is no longer a need for intentional efforts (?)"

An astute and well expressed observation, bennyk!

• Listener
    Listener

For those JWs that love those individuals who were disassociated, they will be very disappointed. I've heard it said by JWs that they felt the Elder visiting arrangement is a loving one .

With no one reaching out to their loved ones I think they will be distressed.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

WOW!

This is a HUGE about-face move!

Combine this with the implied negative comments about "kevin" from the bunker videos at last years convention, and we have the makings of a cult in damage control!

They don't want anyone still in to have opportunity for those that have awoken to influence others!

• rebel8
    rebel8

This sounds like great news to me.

But check out the backwards logic: We found a strategy that is effective; hence, we're going to stop that strategy now.

• Faded
    Faded

Thankfully the elders around here got the memo years ago.

Except for the "Return to Jehovah" campaign, they haven't been here.

• steve2
    steve2

The "Return to Jehovah" brochure has been renamed "Return to Sender".

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    steve2

The "Return to Jehovah" brochure has been renamed "Return to Sender".

HAHA! Like "junk mail"?

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Don't you know we are in the last days(lol)....Too many DF'd and DA'd ones so little time...to me this is what they are really saying....there are not enough Elders to officially visit them...

and on the other hand, many of the brothers might have been using these visits to extend their field service hours or if they wanted to leave field service they would say to the group going on a return, when in reality, they weren't going at all.

As far as the org. is concerned they gave them enough time even their own magazine...As far as the society is concerned they have to keep up with the wobbly wheels of Gods chariot, ( I stole that from someone on this site or was it another....but I thought is was a good one).

Most of the ones that left, they are glad to be done....just hope they were able to become functional citizens.

Tor

• Perry
    Perry
    For example, if a disfellowshipped individual gives some evidence of changing his ways...

Run Faster, Jump Higher & Leap through more hoops? No thanks. I starred in their dog and pony show for long enough.

Christianity is not a willpower religion. It is not a religion of decisions to do what you don't want to do. It is a supernatural work of God by which you are born again so that you want God more than you want anything else. —John Piper

For far too long, I thought Christianity was all about being a rule-follower through my will-power. What a relief to discover it's a far more beautiful, thrilling and permanent thing than that.

WHICH THINGS HAVE INDEED A SHEW OF WISDOM IN WILL WORSHIP - Gal. 2;23

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. - 2 tim. 3:5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit