No more official visits to disfellowshipped & disassociated ones

by AverageJoe1 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

At one time, long ago, wasn't it mentioned that approximately 1/3 of DF'd return, be reinstated? Maybe less now?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It would be interesting to know true figures, but you won't get them from JW org.

I reckon a good few DF'd ones return, often just to re-establish family contact, some because they still believe the bullscrap.

I reckon very few who disassociate return, most of these will have decided it is NOT the "truth" they are leaving.

• pixel
    pixel

So much for "go look for the lost sheep"... Anyway.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sure they view df'd and da'd as DEAD sheep. The WTS once reasoned why families could not talk to df'd or da'd family, because they had been guilty of capital offenses under the Law code...can't talk to dead people, right?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

A late and uncharacteristically honest change to a policy that was almost never followed.

• wifibandit
  • Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

As a fader for 8 years no-one has even contacted me to ask why I stopped going to meetings.

• Jayk
    Jayk
    Just from my experience my mom was never checked up on while DF and we went almost a full year once without going to a meeting. But its not like she went MIA, my brothers I still got invited to stuff. My brother brought it up recently and my mom acted like it was only a couple months but it wax at least 6 months my brother and I both agreed on.
  • GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I can't help wondering if Cease-and-Desist orders and harassment laws are part of the motivation. The official policy is written to defend WTBTS from legal action. But do feel free to drop in and chat with them if you happen to be out in their neighborhood during service (nudge nudge, wink wink!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit