Hats Off To Simon

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    A lot of groups and forums have come and gone. Longevity says something about your character. Good for you.

You're saying I'm stubborn aren't you?!

But of course you'd be right :)

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Simon, you and this site, are so very valuable and appreciated. You, dear sir, are a gift.

Many, many thanks to you.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

This site meets a real need....thanks to Simon.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Yh, cheers Simon.

This forum was practically therepy for me when I woke up. I still remember writing my first post with my heart pounding in my chest.

• Simon
    Simon
    I still remember writing my first post with my heart pounding in my chest.

As long as it's still in your chest, you're doing OK, if it's not you should seek immediate medical attention.

It can be scary for people taking their first steps online, especially when they believe that everyone in the world that they know is out to catch them.

Being able to have an anonymous identity on here to comment and ask questions helps people with those first steps and hopefully contributes to countering any sense of isolation.

It is weird having "friends" that you don't really know and never see, but you do get to know people. The one bad part of this job is the people that I never got to meet IRL but were friends along the way and who are no longer with us.

Whenever I work on the forum software, I might see some old posts as I import some into the new version and it brings back memories seeing old names and avatars.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Simon ...

I personally wish to thank you for all you have done. Wow, looking back on all these years ... wow.

Again, thank you and you have provided much needed help and comfort to many.

I look forward to the next part of the journey.

Rub a Dub

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes, I’m very glad this forum is still here thanks to Simon. Other sites have disappeared.

Back around 2000 when I first went online to look for information about the Witness religion, I stumbled across a few sites. I don’t really remember them but some were personal testimonials against the religion. I didn’t care since I was thirsty for information about the religion and was elated to find people who felt as I did.

When you’re in a high-control group/cult where you can’t question or confide in anybody about what you are feeling, it is a relief to find a place where everybody else went through the same thing.

There are people leaving the JW religion all the time and they will be grateful to find this place. It will help them on their journey.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Our Simon is a gem!

Thank you for so many people coming together to show your appreciation.

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit