If a JW Came To Your Door How Would You Handle It?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

No matter what we do, it will never be effective, unless there is already a certain amount of doubt within the JW at your door. This illusion we can "wake up" a JW is just that, an illusion. Don't forget, they have a scenario for anything that might happen at the door.

Hostility = persecution, and Jesus said they would be persecuted in his name, although the name of the people at your door are actually JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. So totally invalidating their argument, however, they will not be able to grasp this fact.

Not interested = why?/apposed/you just don't know until you try, hence the repeated return calls.

Their now defunct manual. "Reasoning from the Scripture's" has just about every answer to use on the unsuspecting householder. However, this book no longer has the effect it once had, hence the reason it has be discontinued. Also, it has "old light."

Don't forget. As a JW, they are trained to sniff out (or snuff out 😉) those who are "apposed" to the "good news." Most JW's can spot and exJW from a mile away.

Best thing anyone can do is smile, thank them, and politely tell them that your not interested. If they persist, then slowly close the door whilst still being polite. This will be far more affective than being met with hostility.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Fernando I have a friend who did talk about Grace with me, and I'll be honest...I didn't understand, I really didn't 'get' it. I didn't know the witnesses translated it as " loving- kindness"...That came years later. It took an awful lot of research, (and other things that convinced me they didn't have 'the truth')before I finally understood the concept. So even if they had posed that simple question, would we have understood?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I love watching Youtube videos of people that record when JWs come to their door or even when they approach them on preaching carts. Especially if it's a smart atheist vs. a JWs. If it's a christian vs. a JW is not as interesting because it just sounds like two crazy people.

Next time one comes to my door, I'm going to create a video. There aren't enough of them.

• DJS
    DJS

To each his own. As I've stated previously, in the over two decades I've been out of the DarkTower the dubs have rarely shown up at my door. If they are coming around when I'm not home they aren't leaving 'back issues' or anything else. I can count on one hand the times I've seen them, and my house is close to the local KH and in a perfect area for FS with nice houses, nice roads and plenty of break options. I would think it is the type of territory that gets worked frequently.

I've encountered them a couple of times while I was working in the lawn or my garage. I'm always kind and respectful. I never shoot the messenger or the foot soldier, and I don't question them or be anything other than nice. Apparently the only place I'm an ass is on this site.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I'm done talking to them I will shut the door

• Emma
    Emma

I say one polite word, No, and close the door. No slamming, no ammunition to them, just a polite no. They really don't know what to do with it!

• Ding
    Ding

I would ask them a number of questions to try to get them to think about what the Bible really says.

I wouldn't have just one approach.

I'd try to tailor my comments to what they say and how they react.

Would that be a waste of time?

Maybe, but I've been able to help several JWs find their way out over the years.

In any event, I'm grateful for the people who took time to help me and I'd like to be of help to others.

If I can't make any headway with them, maybe someone else will be able to reinforce what I said and get through to them.

If not, at least I tried.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

If you are old enough tell them I was around in 1975 and I know what happen.....Most that come to my door were to young, but the few that remember "folks ran ahead". I just look at them and ask , are you serious???

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I would call the police and charge them with trespassing. I wrote a cease and desist letter and ordered them to put me on their do not call list.

• Ding
    Ding

@James Mixon,

When one person heard the "folks ran ahead" defense regarding 1975, he said, "If there's one thing I know about Jehovah's Witnesses it's that unlike other religions, they are completely united. They all believe the same things. So how is it that so many JWs independently went off totally on their own and started spreading the idea that 1975 was going to be the end?"

[Crickets chirping...]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit