ALL babies are "little enemies of God"...

by BoogerMan 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Biahi
    Biahi

That’s why all babies and children will be killed at Armageddon if their parents aren’t JW’s. 🤮💩

• waton
    waton

I like to hear the full text context before jumping to conclusions. of interest: DOES NOT ISLAM TEACH THAT ALL HUMANS ARE BORN MUSLIMS and only later, at their baby baptism for example change status, might become "infidels" ?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Jehovah's Witnesses do plenty to cause hostility...The WTBTS does plenty to turn people off...they do plenty to cause the general public and their own rank & file members to withdraw and turn away...GB Stephen Lett's incentive choice of words regarding new born babies being li'l enemies of God rather than li'l Angels will only add more fuel to the fire.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I learned something new thanks to Waton.

Children are not born out of any sin, original, inherited or derived. They are born on the religion of their nature, i.e., Islam.

http://islam101.com/dawah/newBorn.htm

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Straight from the horse's GB's mouth

Stephen Lett's lips make me think of a camel or giraffe, not a horse. Although, what comes out of it makes me think more about the other end of the horse...

• DNCall
    DNCall

What about babies born into Witness families? Is Lett unaware of prior teachings regarding "family merit?" It was the idea that a child was protected from condemnation by virtue of its parents' dedication to god. This protection would remain in force until the child reached an age where it could make its own dedication to god. That projected age was reduced as younger and younger children were being steered toward baptism. This of course would have to stop far short of being babies since infant baptism is condemned.

This is either "new light" or Lett is on his own with this one.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Lett's over exaggerated facial gestures are a lot like ole Mike Fink, a TV character from the '50s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTavIPmTFYs

about :25-:40

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

“Little enemies of God”, ha! This is so bad and so good at the same time. That would be a great title for a Caleb and Sophia episode, if they’re still doing those things. 😆

He clearly doesn’t have anyone to take him aside and tell him that was a bad idea. 💡

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God” (Luke 18:16)

• Simon
    Simon

Two things:

Really depends who's babies he's talking about.

I'm always wary of ultra-short clips without context.

It's still likely a dumb thing to say, but stretching a claim can backfire.

Edit: listened to more of it either side, it's not as bad as the cut-out YoutUbe clip makes it appear, and no doubt all the YouTubers are jumping on as I type.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit