The 'IN' families

by punkofnice 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• karter
    karter

A prominent family that got an artical about them in the year book,Dad an Elder.

Son screws his own sister while his wife is in Hospital having their baby

Karter.....All hushed up and even those who know about it are dont say anything.

Fast foward a few years Son now an Elder and on J.C's D,Fing people for lesser crimes!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

There is differently a double standard if you are one of the IN crowd. Where is lived there was one elder that had a lot of pull and served on the blood committee. Years ago he ended up having sexual relations with a sister while his own wife was dying of cancer. He was DF'd but was back in a few years later and back on the blood committee and giving talks at the district conventions. If this was a regular rank and file member, he would have being shunned for a lot longer and never given back any of his privileged that quickly.

• JTrottigy
    JTrottigy

If this was a regular rank and file member, he would have being shunned for a lot longer and never given back any of his privileged that quickly.

I don't think you have the full story. Unless you were on the Judicial Committee there is no way you could. Confidentiality is of paramount importance, and he cannot foll Jehovah's Holy Spirit. No one can!

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

I served as an elder for nearly 20 years and I can tell you from personal experience that nepotism was one of the the greatest failings amongst elders. I served with many good and sincere elders and well as some rotten eggs along the way, but even the good ones often gave into nepotism, either by promoting their children to readily for privileges, or by protecting their children from discipline or judicial actions.

@JTrottigy - if you believe nepotism doesn't exist in the org you either have no experience in the matter, or you are delusional. I have witnessed personally dozens of cases of it in my time. Yes, on paper it is something that Witnesses don't approve of and good men actively try to avoid, but the reality is far different from the intentions.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@jTrottigy-

To put it in plain Australian vernacular, from a current jw (been there seen that) pimo. You are a dickhead with your head stuck in the toilet bowl.

Perhaps you should rename yourself,,,,, jTrolligy......... IDIOT !!

jtg

P.S. Or ApostateTrolligy for being here, wanker.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Paley - It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Dr Who - 'oral attention'....is that where those mental cases the Gibbering body got the 'oral review™' from?

JTroll -

Image result for don't feed the troll

that's all you'll ever get from me, so don't bother commenting. I do not believe yu are a genuine poster. Go forth and multiply.

Karter & Bill Pen - As an elder I've seen this kind of nonsense. It really happens. It is the true nature of the 'IN' crown in the WBT$.

Doubty - Yes, on paper it is something that Witnesses don't approve of and good men actively try to avoid, but the reality is far different from the intentions.

Well said. Spot on, mate.

Jtg - been there seen that

Yes. We all have if we are being honest.

I think one of the reasons is because the WBT$ is all about maintaining a squeaky clean image. This also applies on an individual basis. therefore, the inmates of the WBT$ asylum, are keen to only be seen in a clean light. All those skeletons are heaped into the closets in an attempt to look good. Poor little nobodies.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

There were so many big dynasty JW families related to each other, I am convinced there had to be inbreeding in the congregation I grew up in.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wild thig - (Love your avvy by the way). Nothing surprises me with the WBT$ anymore.

• Annon
    Annon

Happens even with little things. A few elders in our congregation always asked their own families and best friends to answer at the meetings time and time again. I used to see people putting their hands down if one of the elders relatives or best buddies had their hands up because they knew they had no chance of getting asked, nepotism ruled. And you know what they say " Nepotistic in little things, nepotistic in big things" Think that may be a mangled quote from the Bible.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Annon - Oh, yes. I'd forgotten about that little quirk. I've seen nervous children get ignored if they were going to answer for the first time if sister dutchess of In-crowd had her hand up.

" Nepotistic in little things, nepotistic in big things" Think that may be a mangled quote from the Bible.

The whole bible can be considered mangled by the WBT$.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit