I may be beating this to death, but this is just stupid.

by shamus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

shamus:

it's just sad to see how lost these people really are!

Oh yes...and to think that not too long ago I was the same.

At your permission, I'll just lock this (not need to delete it )

Thanks for your understanding!

Craig

• Simon
    Simon

I don't see any need to lock this ... it doesn't violate any rules and some topics do branch out into other ones.

• cat1759
    cat1759

I can see from this thread you are on a mission.

Congratulations! This was to funny.

Why don't you tell her you are Bill Clinton? See if she wants to be Monica?

Cathy

• Scully
    Scully

Shamus (QC, of Vandalay, Vandalay & Vandalay, Barristers & Solicitors )

What I find totally bizarre is her admission that she wants to go to clubs and dance the night away, when the WTS completely discourages things like that - claiming that it's nobody's business to judge what she does with her free time. In essence she is living a "double life" which the WTS cautions JWs against doing. But then she turns around and JUDGES her ex and claims he was trying to "brainwash" her and the kids with "apostate" stuff.

BTW, where the heck are her kids when she's out dancing all night? Who does she have looking after them while she's looking to hook up with a new hubby?

Also, you might want to remind her of the counsel that was just given at the district convention, in the talk "Beware of the Voice of Strangers":

14:48

We’ve touched on it briefly: Strangers who don’t respect Bible principles and who like to promote their perversions and their perverse ideas and opinions via the internet.

15:03

Now you know how it is: through e-mail or through internet chat rooms, you can communicate with people you don’t know in any corner of the earth, in any part of the world. Some of these people may claim to be Jehovah’s Witnesses, but they’re not.

15:20

One may claim to be a youth to communicate with a youth, but he’s not. Another may claim to be of a certain gender, but he’s not. So brothers, think about this: Would you invite a stranger into your home without first finding out who he is?

15:41

What if there’s no way to find out? Would you allow your children to be alone with that stranger, even if you didn’t know anything about that person? Of course not! And you’re thinking: “That’s ridiculous! Why even ask that question?”

15:58

But the fact is that this is an indisputable possibility over the internet.

16:06

Again, through e-mail or chat rooms, you can receive experiences or comments about our beliefs, information indeed that is generally unverifiable; it may very well be untrue. The comments may also be a cover for spreading apostate propaganda. How do you know? Well, you simply may not know until it’s too late.

16:32

And then what about those websites of Jehovah’s Witnesses? Well, here again, they may very well be a vehicle for spreading apostate propaganda. Quite a few of them actually are. But what about the websites that are not? What if you know that they have been set up by Jehovah’s Witnesses? Maybe you even know the person personally who set up the web page, representing Jehovah’s Witnesses. What about those? Well listen to the comments in Our Kingdom Ministry, November 97, page 3. That’s Our Kingdom Ministry, November 97, page 3.

17:15

It made the statement: “There is no need for any individual to prepare internet pages about Jehovah’s Witnesses, our activities or our beliefs. Our official website, www watchtower – uh – dot watchtower, dot org, presents accurate information for any who want it.”

17:37

So friends, we want to be very, very cautious about the internet. Notice at Psalm 26 and verse 4 how the psalmist, David, expressed his feelings about the very thing we’ve been discussing. We’re talking about how on the internet you can communicate with people anywhere on earth, people you don’t know; you may never get to know. Notice what the psalmist said, at Psalm 26 and verse 4: “I have not sat down with men of untruth and with those who hide what they are I do not come in.”

18:13

How many people out there in the world, especially on the internet, hide what they are? So we need to exercise extreme caution so that we don’t find ourselves personally associating with those who “hide what they are” in various ways. So friends: Beware the voice of strangers via the internet.

Love, Scully

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    My x turned apostate and I had to deal
    with him and not let him brainwash me or the kids.

My mom tried that. A family court judge straighened her out.

Just editing to clarify my mom tried to limit my dad's time with us to prevent "brainwashing" and she was reamed a new asshole by the judge. Dad said she left court in tears.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

<<sorry, duplicate post>>

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I agree with Scully.

When I read the Dub's words, the term "hucking fypocrit" sprang to mind.

"...not that there's anything wrong with that."

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Sounds like one sick puppy! I wonder if she has a mirror in her house?tunes.

Guest 77

• teejay
    teejay

I dunno, but some of us might oughta be a little concerned about our preoccupation with JW date boards...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Why, teejay?

They are windows into the brain of young Dubs. They demonstrate the ineffectiveness of the Watchtower's demented dogma.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit