Faith and Lies.

by sparrowdown 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    OnTheWayOut - You make a good case for the cumulative effect personal doubt can have on someones belief sysyem. If I ever chat with a JW now I try and ask questions that will cause them to reflect on their own personal doubts rather than tell them what mine are, which I think is a mistake I made early on in my waking up journey. Thanks for the input.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Maybe a subtle comment like "what teachings or issues are YOU waiting on clarification from the Governing Body for?"

That opens it to them and suggests that EVERYONE has something they are not comfortable with...

It may get them talking....

"oh I have always wondered about such and such..." and you can just patiently agree and perhaps mention ONE point you think is "unusual" too....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This realization caused me to see how I was just lying to myself about what I believed and wondered how many JWs would show no signs of deception when queried on their faith?

Some JWs can`t explain why they believe,what they believe..They just believe..

.*I`m Not Getting Any Reading*

........**It`s Almost Like*.....................*In The New System*

........*HE HAS NO BRAIN*.....................*I Can Pet Lions*

........................Image result for polygraph test

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut - You make a good case for the cumulative effect personal doubt can have on someones belief sysyem. If I ever chat with a JW now I try and ask questions that will cause them to reflect on their own personal doubts rather than tell them what mine are, which I think is a mistake I made early on in my waking up journey. Thanks for the input.

You are welcome. I have little else left except the cumulative effect with my JW loved ones. It won't necessarily work because they go back to their JW speeches and literature and strengthen the cult thoughts that were weakened. But you might get past that to something that sticks with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit