Faith and Lies.

by sparrowdown 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If you were hooked up to a polygraph machine when you were still an asleep, kool-aid drinking dub and asked if you agree 100% with every single WT teaching (asked as individual questions and collectively), would you have "passed" with no signs of deception?

I know, I definitely would not have "passed" such an interegation. I would have tripped up on questions about blood, DFing and non JWs being marked for destruction just to name a few.

This realization caused me to see how I was just lying to myself about what I believed and wondered how many JWs would show no signs of deception when queried on their faith? I'm not debating the accuracy of polygraphs since they only measure physiological responses which can be caused for all sorts non- deceptive reasons, just generally speaking that's all.

So what does this say about my (then) faith and belief?

It was not real even though I thought it was and was willing to die for it!!

Any thoughts?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Yes
  • Lostwun
    Lostwun

Im sure my readings would be all over the place too. Blood was never a big concern of mine. It was always the theocratic aspect that bothered me: the keeping of field service time, the climbing of ranks in the org, the taking of every word written in the publications as coming from god himself and stuff of that sort. Growing up I never received satisfying answers when I brought up these issues. it was always drilled in us kids to never question authority, be obedient and be a good little submissive girl.

I think we are constantly told to "make the truth our own" but really for them its not about us having our own faith its about shutting your pie hole and believing whatever the hell they tell you to believe. Oh and don't forget if you do you'll be blessed!

Lost

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I probably would have passed hands down.
  • Giordano
    Giordano
    I would not have passed. I always had serious doubts especially about the Society and it's doctrine's how they mixed grooming and dress issue's into their Dogma.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I had accepted good news
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Is it even possible to be in 100% hand on heart agreement with such a contradictory inconsistent belief sytem?

I now find it ridiculous that that is what the GB expect. Mind control at it's best.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'd have passed 10-15 years ago before the doubt started to creep in.

(Really sad that it took so long to awaken fully, isn't it!)

Doc

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I never got the ban on birthdays, their logic seemed a little weak. I also never understood the need for all those meetings, field service, study, etc. As a working mom I sat down and did the math and figured if I did everything I was supposed to I would have fifteen minutes in the week left to call my own. I kind of gave up even trying at that point, so obviously I didn't totally believe in it, although it would be another ten years before I left completely.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Never pass........i was too much of a rebel.......a rebel with good reason to be. Facial hair thing, holidays, birthdays, .etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit