The GB know it's all lies and wants to dismantle the WTS ... then what?

by Simon 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The idea is a bit broad. I mean, we would have to know if the entire G.B. was ready to admit it's all crap, and how far they go in this realization- just the cult itself, or maybe they realize that the Bible and Christianity are crap, or that Flying Spaghetti Monster is just as real as the God of men's creation.

But anyway, assuming there wouldn't be a coup (and there would be), I would say that the G.B. would have to lighten up on things quickly. Get that majority vote to stop shunning- have articles about no longer shunning. Immediately lift the blood ban and encourage closeness with non-JW family. Tell members that birthdays are okay, college is good. They could say that Watchtower is no longer going to insist on blind obedience to standards, but that every "Christian" must decide for themselves whether they will celebrate holidays, vote, get a tattoo, join the military, carry a gun, YADDA YADDA YADDA.

If they are sincere and trying to dismantle things but avoid humongous lawsuits, they can say how there is already enough money at HQ and because of the economy, will ask that no more funds be sent to the Worldwide fund. They can say they are going to have one more round of conventions this summer to announce major discoveries and simply tell people on the first day, "GO OUTSIDE, ENJOY THE DAY, STOP BOTHERING PEOPLE WITH WATCHTOWERS, GET OUTTA HERE."

The coups will be big. Maybe they can address that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "Ultimately though option #4 is the most threatening to the WTS long-term - judgements against it by courts and government agencies for their crimes and enforced change of practices that dilute their control and threaten their market share."

Agreed.

I think they know it, too.

Simon - "But there's the thing - if you reduce one religion, you just increase another. When the WorldWide Church of God lost many of it's members, some stopped believing but many just went to other groups."

I don't much care where hardcore dyed-in-the-wool JW loyalists might go if/when the WTS ever collapsed; as far as I'm concerned, those types are pretty much lost causes, anyway (and, IMO, only a small percentage of the R&F).

My concern is that the hypothetical decline/collapse of the WTS will make it that much easier for the fakers, faders, and fence-sitters to leave (for whatever reason), without the people that matter to them being constantly compelled to ostracize them (among other things).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit