Gas Pump "Witnessing"....Is this a thing?

by Bob Loblaw 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• brandnew
    brandnew

That is totally not cool......cuz like they know you cant leave your nozzle unattended.😂😂😂😂😂

Mad Puppy

• MrsR-Awaken
    MrsR-Awaken

When I was pioneering 5 years ago the group of sisters I was with would even count time during lunch. One will give a tract to the cashier in the restaurant and that was enough to keep counting time and another will call someone they had as a return visit to also keep counting time. I was like really? So yes I agree with Da.Furious its all about the TIME TIME TIME. How pathetic

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    I did this for years and years, starting at 6am, Monday mornings.
  • baker
    baker
    What,s funny is I complained to my JW friend about solicitors coming to my door and trying to sell stuff or get money for school functions and he agrees with me about the same thing, yet he can't see the same about what he does as annoying
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Gas Pump "Witnessing"....Is this a thing?

.....Jehovah!..Armageddon!..Satan!..

...Free Literature!..Satan!..Pet Lions!..

..Image result for Gas PumpImage result for Watchtower literature cart

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

It used to be that the JWs tried getting into your front door. Now they just want to give you a Watchtower and other promo material and bug off before you can say anything. It's a major change in strategy and says a great deal about the group psychology.

I think that is the key. They could well just approach someone on the street, but they pick a spot where they know people can't talk for more than a few seconds. Basically, they really don't want to talk to anybody, the importance thing is to count hours and hand out litera-trash.

The whole cart concept is indicative that the Org itself is not very interested in JWs having conversations with people, lest any of them get challenged with logic.

• steve2
    steve2

I would hope this odious practice never comes to New Zealand. I am astonished that gas station proprietors allow the JWs to approach customers - especially given the safety consciousness that prevails around gas stations.

Does this tract bombing occur at gas stations that are staffed and/or monitored?

How they get away with it in a potentially dangerous environment baffles me.

• OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn
    They could well just approach someone on the street, but they pick a spot where they know people can't talk for more than a few seconds. Basically, they really don't want to talk to anybody, the importance thing is to count hours and hand out litera-trash.
    The whole cart concept is indicative that the Org itself is not very interested in JWs having conversations with people, lest any of them get challenged with logic.

So true. If you're interested and have the time, strike up a conversation on a controversial subject or doctrinal issue at the carts as politely as you can manage. I most recently did this when my train was delayed. After about 10 minutes of seeing I knew the Bible and could rebut his straw man arguments and realizing that the train wasn't going to save him, he tapped his partner to relocate. Mission accomplished!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Gas pump witnessing. Yeah. Doesn't surprise me. This was talked about at a Field Service Us meeting a few times. To especially do witnessing after the Assemblies as the Witnesses go home from the A$$emblies.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    You think they will clean my car windows??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit