A question for those who still go to the meetings

by no-zombie 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

It's uncomfortable, folks gazing from the rear. She needs her hair done, he needs a haircut, their kids are so unruly.

You know the meetings can be very boring at times, so you need some type of entertainment plus you can't sit in the front if your dress length is not appropriate for the elders wives.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I would, and still do at the moment, always tuck myself at the back, in front of the sound desk and right near the wall, so as not to be noticed :(

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I agree with others who have said that most don't actually want to be there.

Those that attend also want to be able to see everyone else...

Compare that to attending an event you ACTUALLY look forward to, such as a concert or stage show of some sort. Most people would LOVE front row seats!

• Spiral
    Spiral

How else can I read my latest book (on kindle) on my tablet and not be noticed? lol

• stillin
    stillin
    • I would, and still do at the moment, always tuck myself at the back, in front of the sound desk and right near the wall, so as not to be noticed

phoebe, you must be sitting on my lap!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I agree. 99% of JWs hate the meetings, find them dull as wallpaper, but it's a sin to say so. Of course, regular meeting attendance is one of the prerequisites for everlasting life along with "field service" which is something most JWs also hate to do.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Thanks for replying guys ... and yep ... I had came to the same conclusions that you did. However I think that from all of this, when we think about, it doesn't it really show the general lack of interest that the congregations have for whats being said from the platform. Even the Governing Body's costly move towards introducing video hasn't made any lasting improvements in reversing the boredom felt by all. Of course there is the emotional highs (cue sad music) that come from watching stories like those about the earthquake victims in Haiti, but it quickly dissipates withing a few minutes and things go back to normal. Yes, sitting at the back of the hall is a clear sign that people want to distance themselves for whats going on and most would be happier if they could have another night off from the meetings. Its funny really that the Governing Body still hasn't got it, that we are all tired of the "work harder" message. No one can run forever and as a direct result, the majority has now just turned off.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

And it is ... Why do most at the hall prefer to sit at the back and leave front rows empty?

Back when I was going I used to prefer the back for the well being of the entire congregation. I farted a lot.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I never liked the feeling of being scrutinized, especially from behind.

Personally, I think the front row exists specifically not to be sat in. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit