Has anyone been outed by jw health care workers?

by purrpurr 33 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Carrying on from audespare thread. I was wondering how common it is for a sinner/apostate to be outed by a babbling jw care worker? Say you went to your dr because you were pregnant and unmarried or wanting counseling for having to live a double life as a pretend jw... and a jw secretary at the drs office saw this on your file and went tattling to the elders?

Has this happened before? How common is it? For sure they would be punished by their workplace and possibly fired but most jw's would see this as persecution and would revel in their martyrdom .

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I maybe wrong about the book but I think it was in Franz's book Crisis of Conscience or perhaps In Search of Christian Freedom that mentioned a similar story to what you're saying. If I recall it was a woman who went to a clinic to obtain a medication for a sexually transmitted disease. The receptionist was a JW who recognized her and told the elders. The doctor could have been sued but the patient decided not to.

There was even a Watchtower that stated that if you knew of any wrongdoing you were obligated to report it to the elders even if it was against the law to do so.

• Simon
    Simon

Funny, they will report things to the elders even if it's against the law to do so, but won't report crimes such as child abuse even then it is the law to do so.

JWs are completely untrustworthy. The whole reputation of being honest is based on lies and deceit.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Simon,

This is your website can't you fix the like button I just want to keep my finger on the like button for your last comment it deserves far more then 1 like.

• Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo

On a related note there are reports that some elders who were psychologists had jw clients waive client/doctor rights so they could be reported in case of revealed wrongdoing during therapy.

http://thebuffalobullet.com/the-watchtower/

Does anyone know the city overseer of Buffalo, NY who is apparently being referred to here?

• zeb
    zeb
    Any staff member in Australia who broke patient confidentiality would be sacked on the spot. They would be employment poison after that!
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

This is why its our DUTY TO LET HEALTHCARE STAFF KNOW THAT JW STAFF CANNOT BE TRUSTED AROUND issues of CONFIDENTIALITY. Also not to assume JWs won't accept blood...explain the shunning and consequent no of fakers.

Sorry for shouting, just feel really strongly about this!

• Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo

September 1st 1987 Watchtower:

Hence, before a Christian takes an oath or puts himself under a confidentiality restriction, whether in connection with employment or otherwise, it would be wise to determine to the extent possible what problems this may produce because of any conflict with Bible requirements. How will one handle matters if a brother or a sister becomes a client? Usually such jobs as working with doctors, hospitals, courts, and lawyers are the type of employment in which a problem could develop. We cannot ignore Caesar’s law or the seriousness of an oath, but Jehovah’s law is supreme.
    Also see: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/100315/tell-elders-shes-had-abortion?page=1
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Zeb this is true but staff not registered with a centralised proffessional body...such as receptionists, heath care assistants etc will always get more work if they have experience, even if only with an agency, they are just not accountable enough .In the UK even social workers and teachers come under that category sadly.
  • kaik
    kaik
    In my congregation they did outed people. We had several JWs working in medical field and they did outed other JWs. My relative had issue with difficult pregnancy which lead to a miscarriage. JW nurse who worked in the facility saw her there and insisted that she had an abortion. She never saw her medical chart, nor treated her, but she knew she was pregnant and was no more. My relative who is very devote JW was called in front of BOE and had to present a proof that she had indeed miscarriage. She was extremely psychologically devastated as she wanted to have a child but lost it, but the elders did not care. The JW nurse was praised for putting KH purity ahead of her medical profession and confidentiality,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit