Is All The Bad Publicity About The Watchtower Pedophile Lawsuits Causing Contributions To Nose Dive Worldwide?

by Brokeback Watchtower 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think with all the child molestation lawsuits the Watchtower Corporation is and has been hit with is the main reason for all the prime property sell off recently. The Silent Lambs protest back in 2001, and the Dateline Prime Time expose probably was the death knell for the Watchtower's hey day in Brooklyn.

Their membership is drying up, young people are leaving in droves, the situation is no doubt far worse than the annually published yearbook figures show and so they ceased it's publication permanently.

And those left remaining are experiencing a huge grab of money from their congregations accounts and now are required to make pledges about how much they can contribute which I think is a last ditch effort by the Governing Body to squeeze more money out of the rank and file Watchtower indoctrinated drones.

I think all this is happening because even those still loyally attending are hearing reports of these tremendous pay out that the Watchtower is making to the victims of their self serving policies that put young ones at great risks so that even the rank and file don't want to contribute to pay court costs and so are withholding giving contributions to a very great extent.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Also I think Lett's comments about how apostates are saying the Organization's is going easy on pedophiles are lies and his flat out denial has really hurt the flow of money coming in from the R&F, along with his simpleton's explanation about their money problem(much more money going out than coming in).

Now with the bold statement by a senior official about never changing their "2 witness rule" I'm sure will hurt contributions even more profoundly and will eventually force them to abandon this idiotic rule/policy as contributed money rapidly dries up. In fact I'm sure that this bold statement of intent will soon be reversed by shear circumstances that are coming upon the WT.

• steve2
    steve2

That sounds like a great hypothesis, Brokeback - but I wonder how much the average JW actually knows about the huge controversy over JW organization's attitude towards official condemnation of its child sexual abuse "policies".

JWs can be wilfully ignorant and amazingly disinterested in reading anything critical of their organization.

If donations are drying up (and that sounds plausible), I don't think it would be for a single issue but more to do with an overall, growing apathy in local congregations. Besides, these are people who probably don't have that much to donate anyway, given many of them are in low-skilled employment, if employed at all.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Nose dive in donations?

The Canadian Branch has consistently reported an increase in donations up to and including last year:

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Canada

• a watcher
    a watcher

90% of JW's know nothing about the pedophile lawsuits.

They don't want to know TTATT.

They only want the milk that is fed to them on JW.org.

They want the blue pill.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

OC,

Did the WT also do a big money grab in Canada like they did in the US? That might explain it. And what are the Canadian laws about reporting income of a religion or charity are they audited and can they fudge figures with impunity since they don't have to pay taxes on income?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was just wondering about this. I reckon there is a good chance it's hurt donations, combined with the new policy of sending congregation funds to WT.

The congregation accounts for 2017 in Scotland are beginning to appear on the charity website and many congregations are down this year compared with last year.

It would take ages to gather all the figures.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Watcher,
    90% of JW's know nothing about the pedophile lawsuits.

I don't know about that, but suspect many more than 10% know about it, I'm sure with Lett's public statement about the situation suggest a lot more no than just 10%. Add to that the recently made statement about the 2 witness rule to me shows that they can no long dodge the issue and so must say something to the rank and file to try to minimize losses.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I've heard a few JWs talk about the Australian Royal Commision. And I don't even talk to that many JWs.

The Catholic Church certainly lost donations when their scandals broke. Why should Watchtower be different?

It's not even so much that JWs necessarily turn hostile against Watchtower. Most Catholics are not hostile to their church either. It's just a case of, "what's the point of giving my money to the church if it gets spent on abuse scandal?" So they donate less, or not at all.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Steve,

If donations are drying up (and that sounds plausible), I don't think it would be for a single issue but more to do with an overall, growing apathy in local congregations.

Not a single issue with so many on the table for sure, but the child molestation issue snow balling where the main issue is child molestation starts off like a little snow ball rolling down the hill gathering other issues in it's path toward a downward abyss with it till things get out of control with no stopping it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit