JW Stand On Concealed Carry

by Cold Steel 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Do you think more JWs have guns than is generally thought?

Not handguns for carry. I suppose few exceptions and some living a double a life.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

conceal carry license

In one big bad city, a carry license document is nothing more than one color printing on white paper. Judge ID is also white paper black type, MIT degree is very simple: only the MIT is in red color and the school insignia is also red, not much to the paper either...The power is not the document.

In terms of money and peace of mind, it is cheaper to be robbed than to kill a robber not give him the loot.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The JW position has been, for many years, that carrying a gun for personal protection was a definite no-no. However, especially in rural areas, many people having guns for hunting or for protection from animals is a personal conscience matter.

I grew up an hour and a half north of New York City and half of the brothers, including elders, had guns for deer hunting.

A lot depends on how the locals view it.

Rub a Dub

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Do you think more JWs have guns than is generally thought?

No. Any individual can live a double life though, but it would be an exception.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

carrying a gun for personal protection was a definite no-no.

As I posted earlier, a JW packing circa 1982 triggered the WT to write an article about owning guns back then. Reading more recent articles it appears that wt position may have changed a bit, But true what you said prior to 1982 lot of JW owned guns for hunting animals, etc.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"In terms of money and peace of mind, it is cheaper to be robbed than to kill a robber not give him the loot."

Whose tombstone did THAT pearl of whiz-dumb come from?

What do you do if the perp decides that he's going to "up the ante" a bit by torturing you before he puts you out of his misery? What do you suggest then, prayer and a nice herbal tea?

Your life is your first possession. If YOU don't treasure it, who will? Baby Jay-sus?

• jwleaks
  • Worldling9
    Worldling9

Concealed carry? Yikes...in a KH? I can't imagine they would approve...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit