J.W.'s - Your "faithful" slave reveals it is an EVIL & HYPOCRITICAL "slave!"

by The Fall Guy 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

The history of the WTBTS has always been to put it's trust into it's Real Estate holdings and it's printing presses.

As far as their human resources go...... from it's beginning........ they have been reckless with the health, welfare and education of their followers.

There is a special pride at the heart of the Society for under educated, insipid and obedient followers.

History will judge them as just another bad religion that couldn't even get God's name right.

• blondie
    blondie

In my experience, there are the rules for the lowly publishers and the rules for the "leaders" in the WTS.

Individuals who think the rules do not apply them are called: Narcissists

• sparky1
    sparky1

I know of an Elder that just recently passed away and left six figures ($250,000.00) to the organization. Part of his fortune was made from selling land to a ...CHURCH.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I always shake my head when I remember my JW mother's words, "I've invested too much of my life to ever walk away."

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Just follow the money! It has no conscience and no moral guide line. And, evidently, quite likely, most assuredly, reasonably, logically Jehovah's hand must be guiding the organization in all their financial endeavors.

just saying!

• tiki
    tiki

Its kind of funny actually. One local kh built in the 60's I think...was sold a few years back to an obscure Pentecostal group....from a public perspective I would think that it appears that one odd small religion morphed into another odd small religion..... The separation between "false" vs "true" religion as they like to see it simply is not there. In fact just the opposite. One strange fringe cult to another....

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

What's the risk of project work for a church?

What's the risk of working together with other churches and diplomats of OCSE?

WTS is crazy.

G.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Before being used as a Kingdom Hall, it is cleared of any relics of false worship. Being thus adjusted, it is dedicated to Jehovah for the sole purpose of worshiping him. There is no sharing or fellowship between true and false worship.

And I am sure that there just HAS to be some bible verse they can pull out of their ass to back this up. Maybe from the old testament where the jews went in to the "promised" land and did just that with all those temples to Ba'al and Dagon etc.!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

They was an old article about how Christendom "blesses" pagan objects and uses them in worship. They would integrate objects used in local religions to "welcome" in the locals.

WT is no different. Bless this pagan church and now it's clean for us to worship in it.

• blondie
    blondie

dofp, also there was a time that luaus and pinatas were not for jws for their associations with false gods and birthdays. That was updated as the WTS now gave their approval.

Luaus

Comments from readers

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102003253#h=8:0-10:526

Luaus I read with interest your article “Let’s Have a Hawaiian Luau.” (June 8, 2002) Several years ago I attended a luau in Hawaii. I felt there were strong religious and spiritistic overtones. Even if luaus today do not involve religious or spiritistic aspects, how are they different from other celebrations that have pagan origins but simply have been adopted by modern cultures to be a family fun gathering?

L. F., United States

“Awake!” responds: As noted there in our footnote on page 24, while the luau may at one time have had a connection with false religious practices, the word now has simply come to refer to a Hawaiian banquet. A specific gathering to which the word “luau” is applied may or may not be appropriate for a Christian to attend. As in all aspects of life, Christians should make decisions that will leave them with a clear conscience before Jehovah God.​—1 Timothy 1:5, 19; see also the January 8, 2000, issue of “Awake!” pages 26-7.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102002410#h=1:0-38:37

Although the luau may originally have had some connection with false religious practices, the word has simply come to refer to a Hawaiian banquet. Many Christians may therefore conscientiously feel that they can participate.

Pinatas

Comments from readers

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102004486#h=14:0-16:499

Piñatas I read with interest the article “The Piñata​—An Ancient Tradition.” (September 22, 2003) It left me with some questions. The ties to false religion are well-documented. But the article seemed to take the position that as long as it doesn’t bother someone’s conscience, it is OK. What about birthdays and holidays such as Christmas?

S. W., United States

“Awake!” responds: Christians refrain from any celebrations or customs that continue to involve false religious beliefs or activities that violate Bible principles. For example, the Bible definitely puts birthday celebrations in a bad light. (Genesis 40:20;Matthew 14:6-10) However, if it is very obvious that a custom has no current false religious significance and involves no violation of Bible principles, each Christian must make a personal decision as to whether he will follow such a custom.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102003687#h=1:0-20:45

We found that for many people in Mexico, the piñata has lost its religious significance and is considered by most to be just harmless fun. In fact, piñatas are used in Mexico on many festive occasions, not just for the posadas or for birthdays. And piñatas can be purchased in many forms other than the traditional star shape. They are sometimes made to resemble animals, flowers, clowns.

When considering whether to include a piñata at a social gathering, Christians should be sensitive to the consciences of others. (1 Corinthians 10:31-33) A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues. The Bible says: “Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person.”​—1 Corinthians 10:24.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit