J.W.'s - Your "faithful" slave reveals it is an EVIL & HYPOCRITICAL "slave!"

by The Fall Guy 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Study Watchtower October 2019, Page 12, par. 17 - "A true Christian must make sure that his secular employment has nothing to do with Babylon the Great. For example, he would not be an employee of a church. Furthermore, a Christian who is employed by some other business would not want to do extensive work at a facility that promotes false worship. And if he owns a business, he would certainly not bid on a job or do contract work for any part of Babylon the Great. Why do we take such a firm stand? Because we do not want to share in the works and sins of religious organizations that are unclean in God’s eyes."

You cannot be a true Christian if -

a) you have anything to do with Babylon the Great, especially doing paid work on their property

b) you offer to conclude a business contract with them......

.....because you will be sharing and promoting in the works & sins of religious organizations who are unclean in God's eyes.

Why does your "slave" promote & assist Babylon the Great by drawing up contracts with them to sell beautiful Kingdom Halls and Branch Offices to "false religions?" https://jwtalk.net/topic/11307-new-zealand-branch-sold/

Two JW's comments highlight their blind obedience to anything the cult does:

"It feels wrong to sell it to Babylon but hey, its just a building."

"I agree, but Babylon's money is as good as anyone else's - we are not responsible for property after is passes out of our hands."

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Page 30, par. 15 - "When I get lonely or discouraged,* I find an encouraging talk or Morning Worship program to watch. That makes me feel closer to Jehovah and Christ his organization."

Yup, "Draw close to God the Organization, and they will draw close to you." (as close as a leech!)

* Because my "brothers & sisters" couldn't care less about me!

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005
    Why does your "slave" promote & assist Babylon the Great by drawing up contracts with them to sell beautiful Kingdom Halls and Branch Offices to "false religions?"

You just exposed a huge chink in their armor.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Marked

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

and why on earth does the watch tower BUY churches to use as KH's. they pay money for them--they have a choice in the matter. i know of 3 KH's that were churches before.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

That has to be a parody right. The org. Can be that hypocritical and expect the r&f to be that gullible? Can they?

• blondie
    blondie

This was discussed in the WT publications shortly after I left in 2001. It disturbed me then and I asked about it. Not too long after that a Questions From Readers (QFR) came out addressing that. Comparing this to this current info might be educational as to any differences in policy. I do agree that the WTS more frequently selling their properties (for another religion's use especially) might be raising questions in some jws mind. Since this QFR came out 17 years ago and we know how jws hate to research, the WTS is doing it for them.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002767#h=1:0-11:85

The fellowship that Paul mentions clearly involves worship and spiritual dealings with idolaters and unbelievers. He warned the Corinthians against “partaking of . . . the table of demons.” (1 Corinthians 10:20, 21) Thus, an act of interfaith is that of sharing in worship or of having spiritual communion with other religious organizations. (Exodus 20:5; 23:13; 34:12) When a building that was used by a religious organization is purchased, this is done simply to acquire the basic structure needed for a Kingdom Hall. Before being used as a Kingdom Hall, it is cleared of any relics of false worship. Being thus adjusted, it is dedicated to Jehovah for the sole purpose of worshiping him. There is no sharing or fellowship between true and false worship.

In working out the details regarding such a purchase, contact with the other party should be kept to a minimum and should be strictly business. Members of the Christian congregation do well to bear in mind Paul’s warning not to become “unevenly yoked with unbelievers.” Although we do not feel superior to those who profess other faiths, we avoid socializing with them or getting drawn into their worship.*

What of a congregation’s renting a building that belongs to a religious organization? Renting usually incurs regular contact, which is to be avoided. Even to rent such a building for just one event, the body of elders should consider the following: Will there be any idols and religious symbols inside or outside the building? How will people in the community view our use of the facility? Will anyone in the congregation be stumbled by our using this building? (Matthew 18:6; 1 Corinthians 8:7-13) The elders evaluate these factors and then decide accordingly. Their own conscience and that of the congregation in general must also be taken into account in determining whether to purchase and convert such a building into a Kingdom Hall.

related explanation why not to join or use YMCA facilities

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1979010?q=buying+religious&p=par

related explanation regarding jws working on religious buildings, etc.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1999286#h=1:0-19:609

For easier research purposes regarding specific questions that contain similar hypocritical dance arounds:

QFRs 1935-1985

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200026366#h=710

QFRs 1986-present

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200274728

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

lets be honest--the whole thing stinks--doesnt it ?

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, but hopefully jws will see who is causing the stink and think.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

How about paying their dues to the United Nations as a NCO from 1991 to 2001 I guess that is OK too....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit