Circus Assembly Jaw Dropper

by Slidin Fast 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Verenda
    Verenda

Intolerance promotes unity and forms a group that does not allow for differences in beliefs, personalities, lifestyles and on and on. The staged expressions of conditional love that is anything but genuine love. I have been keenly aware and subjected to this staged love, seen the judgmental glances and experienced the avoidance at meetings and conventions and social gatherings. The stares telling me I am inferior are the worst. And the feeling of being inferior unless I conform. None of this reflects tolerance or unity. And least of all is love and acceptance which is the foundation for tolerance and unity.

• tiki
    tiki

Tolerance promotes division. Examples please?

I am a meat eater. I tolerate vegans. I am a vegan. I tolerate meat eaters. Respect for the freedom of choice of my fellow man. How is this basic concept deemed divisive?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    "Tolerance promotes division"

To be fair, typically JW's promote tolerance “Continue putting up with one another and forgiving one another freely if anyone has a cause for complaint against another. Even as Jehovah freely forgave you, so do you also.” (Col3:13)

I suspect that the above statement may have been taken out of context a bit. My guess is that this talk was about not tolerating that which is considered to be "wrongdoing" within the JW organization. There will be those who think that the Elders should be lenient toward certain "wrongdoers" or certain types of "wrongdoing" but if they tolerate wrongdoing of any kind, it will cause divisions.

• cofty
    cofty

As usual they confuse unity with uniformity.

'Everything which is not forbidden is compulsory' - T.H. White

• jp1692
    jp1692

Cofty: As usual they confuse unity with uniformity.

I've come to believe the "confusion," or more appropriately conflation, is deliberate and intentional—at least from the top down.

A typical example is the constant repetition of the phrase: "Jehovah and his organization" Constantly putting these two separate ideas together causes a linked association in the minds of the believers. Thus, criticizing or disagreeing with "the organization" becomes tantamount or equivalent to criticizing or disagreeing with God.

Let's review: It's a cult!

Conflation: the merging of two or more sets of information, texts, ideas, etc. into one.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

The point I got out of that statement is if we tolerate disfellowship or apostate individuals it will cause divisions in the congregation. For me the borg is very, very worried about us. Still Totally ADD

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Dropofyourkeylee tolerance promotes division, then it follows that intolerance promotes unity. Maybe that’s true, but it’s not a world I want to live in.

Absolutely bloody Perfect👌

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So we are obligated to just let the communists take away all of our rights? And just plain let the reptilians take this planet and evict the whole human race without any resistance, because someone (joke-hova itself?) will fight against humanity remaining? Why should we tolerate parasites like this?

As for other tolerance, we need to accept that, because the real truth has been destroyed and the earth placed under a curse to never find it again (and cut off from help from other regions, including Orion), people are always going to have differing, and even varying, opinions on things. We are left cut off from the rest of the universe, so we must grope for the truth. All the while, we have joke-hova's "chosen people", along with its helpers xians and muslims, all working together to obscure truth. They work together to bash anyone that happens to be getting too close to the truth, and soon they are going to have us totally enslaved. This is what happens when one set of lies is enforced on people with no tolerance for opposing viewpoints. No one advances, and we are stuck back to a flat earth where only humans are able to fall off, all stars and planets being portholes for joke-hova to watch through, and everyone is afraid to as much as question anything.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    cofty 'Everything which is not forbidden is compulsory' TH White

In the totalitarian world of Jehovah's Witnesses alcohol is not forbidden . . .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

That's ok. I can't tolerate Jobos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit